Why is my batery draining so fast on LG G3

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Was bought LG G3 for Mother's Day this year. Battery drains very fast frequently cuts off before getting below 40% and on multiple occasions will only allow allow emergency phone calls despite having unlimited minutes on contract and at least 3 bars.

When I try to recharge a yellow warning triangle appears over white rectangle and phone refuses to charge. Takes a lot of disconnecting and reconnecting charger cable to get phone to begin to charge.

This issue has been present since phone was purchased. I believed it was just feature of low quality product. However have been told by phone shop when went to get new phone for Christmas that phone is faulty. How do I return phone to be replace or at very least repaired?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on where you bought it. The LG G3 is a pretty old device, around 3 years old. And had a number of problems. So what you got is likely second hand and has gone through a bit of wear and tear. I'd suggest contacting where you bought it and see what they can do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if 1 - the battery is shot (good ones are available on Amazon for $15 or less) and 2 - the SIM card slot is faulty.

How do you return it? It depends on where you bought it and under what terms. It may have been sold as "as-is" or "used, probably ok" or something like that. In that case, and considering the value of the phone ($70 or less on Swappa), it may not pay to return it. (Buying on Swappa almost guarantees a good working phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila