Just Rooted my TF300 - No Issues!

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just Rooted my TF300 using the guide on XDA.

Have to downgrade FW to .17, Root, Backup Root, and then upgrade FW back to .26 via OTA.

Sounds more complicated than it is...trust me its worth it.

I had zero issues and was able to clean out a whole lot of bloatware to start...gonna start to tweak cpu and stuff later today.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Did you keep ICS on it or put Gingerbread 3.x on it?

I'm wondering if android 3.x would get rid of all the weird software glitches people are having with ICS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

barakis

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Android 3.x seems such a step back compared to android 4.x just because the apps will eventually start to have a common interface between tablet and phoned.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Well when there's so many glitches with apps on ICS and overall experience on ICS tablets, it would make sense to me to revert to the last reliable build of Android for tablets which is Honeycomb.

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you keep ICS on it or put Gingerbread 3.x on it?

I'm wondering if android 3.x would get rid of all the weird software glitches people are having with ICS.

I kept ICS on mine. So far I have had none of the issues & glitches mentioned by some people. My screen is fine and I have only noticed normal performance lag while installing apps. The only thing thats really sucks is the stock web browser. But I installed Opera and all seems to be working fine.

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
congrats i am kinda new what does rooting do and how did u do it thanks

Rooting will open up your tablet to a world of mods and will truly allow it to reach its full potential.

However, there are cautions associated with rooting if you are not familar with at least the basics of what it actually is. You can "brick" your tab and make it a $379 paper weight.

Read many of the great forums on here as well as XDA and familarize yourself with it...then make the decision if it is actually something you need/want to do.

We are all here to help. Good Luck!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm double posting but thought it worth it since you are talking about it here.

If you are having trouble with lags and forced closing of apps and slow browser:

I resisted this and didn't follow what was being told to me over at XDA but finally gave in and did a factory reset, not just clearing the two caches but a total factory reset.

After that, your 300 should be working much better and the built-in browser become way faster.

It solved all my issues and it won't break your system. Just used the built in backup app to make it easier to get most of your stuff back. Backup with the copy app and data setting.

Then do the factory reset, take less than 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.

I'm trying to solve the issue of not connecting correctly (adb issues) when trying to downgrade so I can perform the root.

Which rooting directions did you use? Can you post the link?

Rob

silentprocess

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey, just signed up because I'm interested in rooting.. Problem is I'm a complete noob. Course I am going to read as much as possible and watch some videos before I even think about starting but..

So I'm going to use this method (the less messing around the better) Rooting the TF300T *without* downgrading (from .29) - xda-developers

However, is there an explanation of this "first, use known method to get write access to the /system partition" somewhere? I need a complete dumbed down guide. If anyone has links to some reliable information that would help me sort this out I would appreciate it.

I hopefully will learn more from the vids I watch later.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
silentprocess,

That's just explaining what the code in the following box is going to do. The downside to the method you've chosen is you need to pretty fluent with adb. The link AirlinerDudeB6 gave is much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank