Keyboards

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I switch back and forth between smart keyboard and stock. I prefer stock but it keeps changing the words I type. There is no stock setting for suggestions but not auto replacement.

The thing I don't like about smart keyboard is there is no longpress % symbol on the abc keyboard. I wish I could replace the * with %. I never use asterisk but use % quite often. It should come up as an option above the keypad whenever you key a number but it doesn't. I wonder how many people use * more than %

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I switch between SwiftKey and FlexT9. SwiftKey has great predictive text but sometimes I prefer using swipe type keyboard.

Sent using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Even though I've been experiencing some bugs since the last update... I still vote for SmartKeyboard Pro.
So far its the only keyboard I like where I make the least typos.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
No way to add % symbol as a longpress alternate right?

Nope... not that I've seen. I've only tested out a few keyboards but I always end up going back to SKP.. like I said.. I'm happy with the overall outcome. There are times when it ticks me off but so far its the only keyboard that I've found where I make the least typos... which is a huge + when it comes to typing... but I'm always up for suggestions.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I added the percent symbol as one of the suggested punctuation symbols but to see them you have to hit space after you type the number, then hit the symbol, the backspace to put the symbol after the number. It seems to me if you pick a punctuation mark it should automatically delete the space to put the mark immediately after the last word or number typed.

I couldn't figure out how to get swipe to insert a % symbol.

Last edited:

carsonx

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use better keyboard 8...its a free download from the market and I don't make a whole lot of mistakes. Keyboard is big enough for my fat thumbs....have a paid version also that lets you do more as far as personalization, but the free version works fine for me.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey here. if you Twitter, Facebook, etc. that helps a lot as it'll scan your accounts to see how you type and what you type and add it in. after a few weeks with SK it'll have most everything you type and how you type and I often find myself only typing maybe 6-8 keys for a 15-20 word text. takes a bit to get used to but it's pretty awesome.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Go Keyboard. I've been using it for a while now. It has it's setbacks, but it's the most responsive keyboard I've used.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk