L may fix KitKat SD Card Debacle

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Appologies.
Forgot about knox. But then again there are methods other than Odin. I have successfuly rooted Grand2, and fully restored due to company policy. Wiping and flashing stock is enough to fool corporate apps. But knox is different :(
"Following instructions to the letter" is self explainatory during root.

About warranty, not more than a year right? Somehow bear SD card issues till warranty is over. Then you can proceed.

Well, Its personal opinion. For me not able to save files via browsers and torrent clients to SD card was too much. Maybe its "meh" for others.

If Lollipop fixes access to atleast some standard folders in SD card, its perfect.
But again, the issue of persistance. What if you downloaded a movie with firefox, many days later decide to switch to Opera. Your movie file is lost!
What to do if your carrier or OEM does not have a permission moded file manager.!

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
All those who rooted. You can download 'Xposed' module. It gives all apps full SD access like before.
I don't know why people fear rooting. Its completely reversible. A superuser (SuperSU) app completely safeguards the root users.

Because most people don't know how to properly root and many have done it wrong and now have a useless phone...

Rooted phones are easier to hack in many cases..

I really don't care to move all of my apps to the SD card but the ones I can work fine for me..

RustyMunkey

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Apparently I spoke to soon--Android L has introduced a permission that would allow for shared SD content. See the link at:
www dot androidauthority.com/lollipop-microsd-card-app-access-564168

We plan on adding this to the next version of MediaMonkey for Android.

-Rusty

Molosar

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Guess what I used Kies, Itunes, WMP, and Windows Explorer to move 30GB of MP3's to my SD card. Not just one card but 11 different ones from multiple manufacturers. After about 2 days my music directory dropped from 30GB to 1.6GB. Where did those files go? The only thing I can figure out is that KitKat blocked access to them and auto-deleted them. I have tried on an HTC One Max, 7 Note 3's, and 2 S5's with the exact same result. Tell me that Kies allows me to write to SD after that experience.

1wwtom

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
You know this is all really Fine for you wizards who know all the ins & outs. I went from a perfectly good HTC EVO with JB to a newer LG Tribute because the price was great and it had the newest OS. Thought I did my homework looking at umpteen reviews of the new phone which all gave it good marks. How was I to know the OS was Crap? With all the Bloatware locked on the unit I could only install a few Apps and the storage is now Full! I've scoured these forums all over and found it's basically Tough Cookies. At this point I'm about ready to just say Screw it and just use the Phone as a Phone and do everything I want to do on my Windows 7 Laptop. Maybe I'll go back to a cheap Flip Phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anarachnid