Largest Card Supported?

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
32GB is the posted limit and unless the Evo slot is uSDXC compatible, and I think that's unlikely, there is little chance there will ever be a uSDHC card bigger than 32GB. Sucks but that's the deal!

The newer spec uSDXC should permit cards of 2TB but that will be some years off and it's likely a new card design will supplant the uSD format.

Since I think it's likely that there will be a subset of smart phones that are even larger, physically, than the Evo there is room to use the larger format SD/SDHC/SDXC cards which should offer at least twice the capacity and faster performance due to better controllers. I have the Evo and in two years I hope an even larger phone with 5 inch screen and 1920x1080 resolution is available and that it has a larger card capability be it the full SD/SDHC/SDXC or as yet unannounced new format card of higher capacity and speed.

Brian

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Uuuugggh!! I just looked at the movies I've put on the EVO. I'm currently at 4.53 GB. Noooot gooood!! I guess I'll get a 16 GB for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac