late to the scene but a Google Pixel convert.

Bian 117

Jun 1, 2022
Visit site
I know people have some issues with their phones - as per most phones, so I know the Pixel 6 Pro isn't perfect, but wow - it's been a great 8 weeks of ownership.
I made the absolutely HORRIBLE mistake of buying another brands fold/phablet last year and it has been a nightmare experience.
For me the 6 pro has worked straight out of the box and handled everything I have asked of it.
I used to be an early adapter but over the last few years I have been burnt by [other brand] with watches that have incredibly poor battery life (so bad that you couldnt even use the watch without disabling all of its features0, folds that constantly need repair, and absolutely horrific customer service.
Completely disenchanted by recent experiences I literally had an iphone in my shopping cart when I thought I would do one last search for an android device. Thankfully I found the 6 Pro.
I have ADHD and to mitigate some of the pitfalls of this disorder I am incredibly relaint on task lists. ToDoist works perfectly on this phone. I finally feel I have relatively maintenance free set up. Pixel 6 Pro, Garmin Fenix 6X and the Pixel Buds A.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and I'm glad you're enjoying your 6 Pro! Mine has been excellent as well.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Bian 117. It's an awesome phone. Thoroughly enjoy my 6 Pro.

Last edited:

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It's never too late! Welcome, Kool Aid is in the back, please put on these Nike Cortez, grab a pillow and blanket, and pick a bunk bed.

No, seriously, once you go Pixel, you'll do crazy things like buy older models just to see if they're also just a good...and they are. Next thing you know, you're holding a 3 year old version and trying to justify how to incorporate it into your daily routine.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It's never too late! Welcome, Kool Aid is in the back, please put on these Nike Cortez, grab a pillow and blanket, and pick a bunk bed.

No, seriously, once you go Pixel, you'll do crazy things like buy older models just to see if they're also just a good...and they are. Next thing you know, you're holding a 3 year old version and trying to justify how to incorporate it into your daily routine.
Just managed to get my Nexus 6p unlocked and put a spare sim in it... Magic!

Last edited by a moderator:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the club.
Had my 6 since Feb and don't regret it for a minute.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So glad you are enjoying your Pixel 6 Pro, especially after a period of dissatisfaction with other products! Also, thank you for that app recommendation!

Enjoy yourself here!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I know people have some issues with their phones - as per most phones, so I know the Pixel 6 Pro isn't perfect, but wow - it's been a great 8 weeks of ownership.
I made the absolutely HORRIBLE mistake of buying another brands fold/phablet last year and it has been a nightmare experience.
For me the 6 pro has worked straight out of the box and handled everything I have asked of it.
I used to be an early adapter but over the last few years I have been burnt by [other brand] with watches that have incredibly poor battery life (so bad that you couldnt even use the watch without disabling all of its features0, folds that constantly need repair, and absolutely horrific customer service.
Completely disenchanted by recent experiences I literally had an iphone in my shopping cart when I thought I would do one last search for an android device. Thankfully I found the 6 Pro.
I have ADHD and to mitigate some of the pitfalls of this disorder I am incredibly relaint on task lists. ToDoist works perfectly on this phone. I finally feel I have relatively maintenance free set up. Pixel 6 Pro, Garmin Fenix 6X and the Pixel Buds A.

You can say Samsung.. it's not considered foul language here ;) I'm still using my pixel 3XL when I have a brand new unopened Samsung ZFlip 3 waiting to be put into use. Why? Because I REALLY like the pixel experience and don't want to change. So why did I buy the Flip? Because I'm a sucker for a good sale, and wanted to try a folding phone that had a large screen without the large brick in the pocket feel.

In hindsight I wish I would have bought a pixel 6 instead. But me and the wife will be getting 6's or 7's later this year, and I am still looking forward to playing with the Flip. But I doubt I'll be straying from the pixel path again :p

So welcome to the addiction called Pixel :D

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The S22 Ultra has a better display and a much better fingerprint scanner. Pixel has a slightly better camera. Pixel 6 also had a lot of bugs. Personally I'd wait and see what the Pixel 7 brings to the table.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The S22 Ultra has a better display and a much better fingerprint scanner. Pixel has a slightly better camera. Pixel 6 also had a lot of bugs. Personally I'd wait and see what the Pixel 7 brings to the table.

They both use a Samsung AMOLED variable 120Hz display. The Pixel 6 Pro actually has a slightly sharper display at 512 DPI vs the 500 DPI of the S22 Ultra. With the S22U, you pay several hundred dollars more for a FPS that is a fraction of a second faster and mine is totally reliable. As far as a "slightly" better camera, the S22U blurs motion while the Pixel stays sharp. If you are photographing your children or things that move, that will make all the difference.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
They both use a Samsung AMOLED variable 120Hz display. The Pixel 6 Pro actually has a slightly sharper display at 512 DPI vs the 500 DPI of the S22 Ultra. With the S22U, you pay several hundred dollars more for a FPS that is a fraction of a second faster and mine is totally reliable. As far as a "slightly" better camera, the S22U blurs motion while the Pixel stays sharp. If you are photographing your children or things that move, that will make all the difference.

Samsung reserves their best panels for their own devices. The p6 has to be put to max brightness just to equal the s22 ultra at half brightness. All flagship devices have excellent cameras nowadays. All do things better than others. But If your just into the camera, then get an iPhone.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Nah, Pixel wrecks the iPhone in terms of point and shoot with zero setup or regard to the scenery, lighting conditions and stillness of the subject (assuming it's a person). When all the variables are put together, the Pixel is hands down the best. Given the ability to set up a scene, with proper lighting, stillness and background, any phone can take great shots. I'll give it to iPhone for video though, but everything else is way better on a Pixel.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung reserves their best panels for their own devices. The p6 has to be put to max brightness just to equal the s22 ultra at half brightness. All flagship devices have excellent cameras nowadays. All do things better than others. But If your just into the camera, then get an iPhone.

Your brightness statement is meaningless to me. I keep my Pixel 6 Pro at 75% and any brighter is too much for me. The camera is especially important to me, and my choice is obvious.