Launcher and lock screen

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I did a search but didn't find an answer. I'm rooted with Comm Rom, I use Widget Locker and Launcher Pro. Is it possible to uninstall both the stock launcher and lock screen since I don't use them via Root Uninstaller? If so, I found the Launcher but I dont know what the stock lock screen is called. Anyone?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely possible to axe the launcher, but I would caution against it. If anything I would try renaming the launcher first and see what happens. That way, if something goes weird you may be able to fix it by fixing the name. I don't think the lock screens are able to be uninstalled.

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ugh...that's the one I was wanting to wax most. Often, when I awaken my phone, that default lock screen pops up initially before my Widget Locker for just a sec. It's annoying but I guess not a big deal.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
And as far as the launcher goes, if you want to remove it make sure you move LP into the /system/app folder first to avoid a force close loop. Be aware though that by moving LP into that folder, it won't be updated by the market anymore. You will have to manually update and move into that folder each time an update is released

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear