Launcher Pro vs. GO Launcher EX

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I just gave up on LP too much FCs. I want to believe it has something to do with the auto rotation I looked but couldnt figure out how to turn it off. I started using GO Launcher and it is comparable besides the app drawer and the transition options and LP widgets its about a draw. I saw someone turned off the auto rotation so I will try to turn that off to see if it stabilizes.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had been using LP+ for the last 8 months but recently switched to Go Launcher as well.
So far its working great , been using a couple weeks now.
I wasnt having any FC with LP+ just wanted to try something else :)

Parker Clack

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have used ADW, LP and Go Launcher EX on my EVO 4G and out of the three Go Launcher EX is my favorite. It loads faster, runs smoother with less hiccups and FCs. Also, love the transition effects.

shahm0nsterr#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been switching back and fourth between Go Launcher and LP

I prefer the application organization in Go Launcher because you can have folders in your app drawer. I also like the built in task manager and recently opened applications tabs. I like the many features of Go launcher, but I still love LP

LP in my opinion is much smoother.
I think I will never pick one and stay with it, because I use both and switch between them every few days.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I just moved from Launcher Pro to Go Launcher. So far i feel like my phone is much more snappy and that my phone uses less battery also.

Glad i made the switch..

GO GO LAUNCHER!!

rangers

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a quick Go Launcher question for anyone who can help.

The ONLY thing I dislike about go launcher is the yellow square shaped effect that occurs when you press an icon on your desktop/home page. I've combed through the settings, but have not noticed an option to remove/change the highlighting style behind the press of an icon.

Thoughts?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm considering trying one of these alternative launchers for my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

I'm new to Android coming from WebOS.

I noticed in watching the video for Go Launcher EX that is has this cool transition effect when switching launch pages.

Does Launcher Pro have the same kind of transition effects for pages?

It seems that everyone likes Launcher Pro the best but I really like the Go Launcher transition effects.

Thanks!

Rob

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a quick Go Launcher question for anyone who can help.

The ONLY thing I dislike about go launcher is the yellow square shaped effect that occurs when you press an icon on your desktop/home page. I've combed through the settings, but have not noticed an option to remove/change the highlighting style behind the press of an icon.

Thoughts?

Do you want to just change the color or get rid of it totally?
If you want to change highlight color when you click on on screen icon on the Go Launcher EX:

1. Click Menu
2. Preferences
3. Scree Settings
4. Scroll down to "Custom icon seletors"
5. Click to "Disable default...."
6. Click "Highlights press color"
7. Pick color
8. Hit color on the middle of the circle to set color.
9. Click back and you are done.

To make it invisible, on step "6", slide alpha slider from right to left.

Reactions: Big Z

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you want to just change the color or get rid of it totally?
If you want to change highlight color when you click on on screen icon on the Go Launcher EX:

1. Click Menu
2. Preferences
3. Scree Settings
4. Scroll down to "Custom icon seletors"
5. Click to "Disable default...."
6. Click "Highlights press color"
7. Pick color
8. Hit color on the middle of the circle to set color.
9. Click back and you are done.

To make it invisible, on step "6", slide alpha slider from right to left.

Chapul, this is EXACTLY what I needed to know. Thanks ton man! You just made this launcher one notch better for me!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I must admit I have not read a single post in this thread. I used both of the mentioned launchers. But my preferred one is Zeam Launcher, which is very minimalistic and doesn't have custom widgets like the other launchers. However its extremely fast.

Another good launcher is ADW.Launcher.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
With the addition of Go Locker, which only works with Go Launcher, my phone looks totally new. I tried every launcher/home screen replacement app out there, since I got my original Droid. Long before I rooted. From Panda Homescreen (did I REALLY need 11 homescreen pages?) to Zeam. Paid and free.

Go Launcher has been the best. Hands down. But, that is just my opinion...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried launcher pro, adw, and go launcher. In my opinion, go launcher is by far the best. It combines my favorite parts of both launcher pro and adw in a more stable package.

ryanh1986

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tried launcher pro, adw, and go launcher. In my opinion, go launcher is by far the best. It combines my favorite parts of both launcher pro and adw in a more stable package.

This. I have tried other launchers repeatedly, and given ADW as many chances as I can stand every time I flash a CM7 ROM... End up with GoLauncher every time! Its by far the most robust and stable launcher available.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk