Launchers

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My Widgets do the same! Me don't like. I have to open Widgets on my tablet running Nova Prime to figure out different size Widgets for an app. I took a screen shot and sent it to my phone.

Thats happening with my Go Launcher too. If you press just to the left of the selection you can read it then slide off it to the left. Most of the time it won't select it that way. Hope it gets fixed someday.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Reactions: leroybrute

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thats happening with my Go Launcher too. If you press just to the left of the selection you can read it then slide off it to the left. Most of the time it won't select it that way. Hope it gets fixed someday.

Your the man! That works on Nova also. Thanks

Reactions: rbess1965

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Widget size on Apex Launcher....

I have Apex on my Maxx and I really like it with one exception - the widgets are smaller than they are when I use the stock launcher.

As an example, the Verizon Data widget is about 90% of its original size and that loss of 10% makes it harder to read the widget. It appears all of the widgets are impacted - Beautiful Widgets Superclock, E-Trade Widget, News Widget, etc.

I read one post on another forum suggesting that Apex uses a higher DPI for their widgets and that's why they're smaller. It's like switching to a higher resolution monitor for your computer and then you notice that everything you used to be able to read is smaller.

Is anyone else having an issue with smaller sized widgets when using Apex? Is there a solution? Do other launchers, like Nova, have this problem?

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So I too have GL on my Maxx but have been getting errors from Go Contacts lately, and the option to send a bug report to Go Developers. I really love GL but am curious about other launchers too.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
i think youre right, on both counts

Nova uses a 4 by 5 (4 columns, 5 rows) grid by default. Stock is 4 by 4.

Thanks for the comments. :)

I checked my Homepage Grid in Apex and it's set at 4 columns and 4 rows - so that's not the source of the problem.

I did download Nova and noticed the widgets seem bigger than they are in Apex but slightly smaller than they are in the stock launcher. I'm tempted to switch to Nova but I really like Apex and it's clear there are a lot more setting/options with Apex then there are with Nova.

At this point I'm wondering if the stock "theme" that I'm using with Apex is causing the widgets to be smaller on screen?

Reactions: bradenfontaine

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Nova prime over apex. It is much smoother to me and animations are nicer. Before the last 2 updates Nova got, Apex was better. They seem to jump around in preference for me with each update.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So I too have GL on my Maxx but have been getting errors from Go Contacts lately, and the option to send a bug report to Go Developers. I really love GL but am curious about other launchers too.

Anyone having issues with GL should try out their newer version. It has really helped my phone get back to normal. Look for v3.10beta6. I'm testing it now and it's been good. Found mine in the GL settings under News.

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Still using Launcher Pro here...I got to used to having the 5x5 icon layout...

Do any of the other launchers out there allow that?

Screenshot_2012-07-02-17-55-51.png

Screenshot_2012-07-02-17-55-57.png

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using ADW Launcher ex in place of HTC Sense in my DINC2 and Moto GB in my MAXX. I also used Launcher Pro Plus when I had DINC. Somehow, the UI that came with the phone never gave me the level of customization I needed.

However, I really like the layout, customization, and the icon colors of ICS. Google finally made a UI that's in par with 3rd party launchers. It's not perfect, but it's not bad. So I think I'll stick with ICS instead of 3rd party launcher.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Finally tried a new launcher for the Maxx... I've used ADW and Go Launcher in the past with my Thunderbolt.... wanted something new, so after reading a little more about Nova and APEX I decided to load Nova... very nice options selection, and very responsive.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally tried a new launcher for the Maxx... I've used ADW and Go Launcher in the past with my Thunderbolt.... wanted something new, so after reading a little more about Nova and APEX I decided to load Nova... very nice options selection, and very responsive.

Nova rocks. Clean, simple and fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss