Let's get an app list going...

NahLaterz

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see an app where you could, say, upload various locations of either police speed traps or cameras in your city/area, based on the idea that you saw either the officer or camera and could upload that info. Then your phone would notify you when you are approaching a known area using your gps. Probably not legal...

Waze. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.waze&hl=en

Been using it for a few weeks now. I've driven over 2000 miles and in 4 states and it's worked perfectly in identifying speed traps and just areas where cops are. You'll get a verbal alert when you're approaching a cop, as well as the visual icon. You then can confirm on the app whether the cop is still at that location or not. It's basically a Nav app that allows people to report hazards, traffic, police, etc. It also works great for red light & speed cameras. I've reported a few that were new in my area to assist other commuters.

mzl.oeawhiba.480x480-75.jpg

lonewolf217

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I cannot find this app on android market or appbrain, any ideas ?
Calculations - The calculator that should be the standard for ICS devices. Comes with a full-featured calculator, measurement and currency converter, mortgage calculator, and even a tipping calculator. Worth every cent!

Right now i use a combination of handcent and financial calculator but im always looking for ways to consolidate!

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I cannot find this app on android market or appbrain, any ideas ?
Calculations - The calculator that should be the standard for ICS devices. Comes with a full-featured calculator, measurement and currency converter, mortgage calculator, and even a tipping calculator. Worth every cent!

Right now i use a combination of handcent and financial calculator but im always looking for ways to consolidate!

Here's the link to the free version:

https://market.android.com/details?...EsImNvbS53aGl0ZWdvcmlsbGEuY2FsY3VsYXRpb25zIl0.

I upgraded to Pro for $0.99 to support the developer (and get rid of ads).

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Air Droid. Awesome app

Enjoy below features after installation from the comfort of your favorite web browser on desktop or other devices:

*Files
Transfer files between Android devices and computers.
Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.

*SMS
Read, send, forward or delete SMS messages.

*Applications
Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.

*Photos
Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.

*Clipboard
Share clipboard text between desktop and device.

*Contacts
Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.

*Ringtones
Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.

*Music
Play, search, import, export, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones.

No need to disconnect your charging cable everytime just to sync your files. :D

Mychael99

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty cool Android browser that I came across...it allows you to open multiple windows for true multitasking ability. Check it out in the market, it is called OverSkreen. Seems to be pretty quick as well.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Air Droid. Awesome app

Enjoy below features after installation from the comfort of your favorite web browser on desktop or other devices:

*Files
Transfer files between Android devices and computers.
Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.

*SMS
Read, send, forward or delete SMS messages.

*Applications
Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.

*Photos
Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.

*Clipboard
Share clipboard text between desktop and device.

*Contacts
Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.

*Ringtones
Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.

*Music
Play, search, import, export, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones.

No need to disconnect your charging cable everytime just to sync your files. :D

+ 1 for air droid. For transferring files via wifi, I swore by wifi file explorer and still do, but air droid is also excellent at doing that and so much more. The ui is very intuitive and user friendly. Must have app.

Sent from my GN

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see an app where you could, say, upload various locations of either police speed traps or cameras in your city/area, based on the idea that you saw either the officer or camera and could upload that info. Then your phone would notify you when you are approaching a known area using your gps. Probably not legal...

Not much different than truckers reporting sightings. Although in order to report anything with something like the Waze app, you have to break the law tweeting while you're driving. So I don't hold out much hope for something like that.

JB426

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What apps are out there that will let me monitor which apps are running in the background keeping my phone awake when the screen is shut off? I loose a lot of battery life because my phone "is kept awake" because of some application(s) and i dont know what apps are causing it. Thanks in advance.

BetterBatteryStats works great for this. Make sure you read the instructions included though.

ctrl-z

May 3, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, this looks like the place to put this. I need an app.

I came over from a touch pro II, Yeah laugh and remember, but anyway I loved the notepad that came with it, I never thought I would miss it so much.

I have to take night calls for work, with that phone when I pulled the stylus out during a call notepad would open up and auto populate the date and time, the contact name that I am speaking with and their phone #. I would then add my notes and save it. In the morning when I was back in the office I would sync my computer and there were my notes in outlook.

Now I understand there are some things mentioned that are probably irrelevant or imposable but I don't see why an android app could do the important part here. I.E. no stylus and no outlook sync, I can live without them.

I have pulled down and tested over 10 different notepad apps and read many a forum trying to find a app that would work for me. No luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ctrl-z

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK guys, this looks like the place to put this. I need an app.

I came over from a touch pro II, Yeah laugh and remember, but anyway I loved the notepad that came with it, I never thought I would miss it so much.

I have to take night calls for work, with that phone when I pulled the stylus out during a call notepad would open up and auto populate the date and time, the contact name that I am speaking with and their phone #. I would then add my notes and save it. In the morning when I was back in the office I would sync my computer and there were my notes in outlook.

Now I understand there are some things mentioned that are probably irrelevant or imposable but I don't see why an android app could do the important part here. I.E. no stylus and no outlook sync, I can live without them.

I have pulled down and tested over 10 different notepad apps and read many a forum trying to find a app that would work for me. No luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ctrl-z

Can I suggest you try out Evernote? It has no handwriting but is very powerful for note taking.

ctrl-z

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Can I suggest you try out Evernote? It has no handwriting but is very powerful for note taking.

I will check it out again, I tried it back in beta I believe and on windows mobile. I haven't tried it on android yet so maybe it will be what I need.

Thanks for the response either way.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to reset my phone today. Unfortunately I can't find an app that I used to use that worked great for cropping pics and images for the screen on the GNex. Any recommendations?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I had to reset my phone today. Unfortunately I can't find an app that I used to use that worked great for cropping pics and images for the screen on the GNex. Any recommendations?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For wallpapers? Or general pictures?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali