LG G2 Homescreens: Got a cool homescreen or screenshot?

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G2 Homescreens : Got a cool homescreen or screenshot?

Hello all
I have 2
1.rough draft so far but I'm sure it will change by the end of the day
Screenshot_2013-09-14-09-07-13.jpg
2.Is my lock screen with my distaste of verizon. Funny thing is the logos on the case dont bother me its the forced one on the lock screen that does. I wish I could get rid of it without using a third party app.
Screenshot_2013-09-14-09-05-22.jpg

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Settings, touchscreen, shortcuts

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how to work the quick memo as, but volume down and power works great. Thanks!

Slide your finger up from the bottom of home button.....

Chip O

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Chip - How did you change the app drawer icon without using Nova?

I would be curious to know as well. Pressing down on an icon for a second, then releasing to edit an icon works great for all the other icons except for the app drawer icon. Would love to be able to modify that one as well.

I did not change the app drawer icon, I just moved it to the middle of the dock. The only icons that I changed are the browser icon (kept the stock icon but made it point to Dolphin Browser) and the Gallery icon (used a photo I took of my wife). The drawer icon looked that way since the first time I powered on the phone, I just moved it.

What surprised me is that it allowed me to have more than four apps in the dock. That made my day and it made using the phone without Nova much easier.

Here is a thought... I noticed that all the other screenshots using stock UIs are from Verizon phones. Mine is AT&T. Could be a difference in the software between the two carriers?

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I did not change the app drawer icon, I just moved it to the middle of the dock. The only icons that I changed are the browser icon (kept the stock icon but made it point to Dolphin Browser) and the Gallery icon (used a photo I took of my wife). The drawer icon looked that way since the first time I powered on the phone, I just moved it.

What surprised me is that it allowed me to have more than four apps in the dock. That made my day and it made using the phone without Nova much easier.

Here is a thought... I noticed that all the other screenshots using stock UIs are from Verizon phones. Mine is AT&T. Could be a difference in the software between the two carriers?

Yes, The ATT and unlocked version has different icons then the verizon one. Verizon has the circular icons and a diff app drawer icon.

cloudyview

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Ugh, that must be the difference...definitely prefer the at&t icon

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Home screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-15-10-42-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-10-42-56.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 173

Kwyjibo11

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

you can only change the lock screen"shortcut" app icons if you set your screen lock to SWIPE. once it's set to swype, you will have the ability to change the shortcut icons.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

I don't know how some of you guys tolerate icon labels. Could you imagine if your windows task bar had icon labels?! Yuck!

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Nothing special...
I left the area in the middle open so that I can double tap it to turn off the display.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Which sense clock type widget are you using that allows for a 5x2 look? All the ones I saw were only 4x2.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Which sense clock type widget are you using that allows for a 5x2 look? All the ones I saw were only 4x2.

Looks like HD Widgets, that's what I use.

It is a 4x2 widget, but once you put it in a page you can then stretch it to 5x2.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Don't know how "cool" these are, but they're a couple of my favorite pictures from vacations we've taken in recent years.

Home screen is a sunset in Hawaii. I love the way it scrolls from "canvas to canvas".

Screenshot_2013-09-16-09-18-09.jpg

My lock screen is the Johns Hopkins Glacier, in Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska.

Screenshot_2013-09-16-11-11-56.jpg

p.s. - looks like I'm too new to the BBS to be able to upload direct links, so using the attachment method.

p.p.s. - hopefully that fixed the earlier issue with the pics. I hate looking like a total noob. :-[

Last edited:

stew930

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when trying to view your attachments.

Don't know how "cool" these are, but they're a couple of my favorite pictures from vacations we've taken in recent years.

Home screen is a sunset in Hawaii. I love the way it scrolls from "canvas to canvas".

View attachment 81643

My lock screen is the Johns Hopkins Glacier, in Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska.

View attachment 81644

p.s. - looks like I'm too new to the BBS to be able to upload direct links, so using the attachment method.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when trying to view your attachments.

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what was wrong, cuz I just did the exact same thing again and it seems to be working now.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

My first one so far.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379428537023.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379428537023.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 136

Chip O

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Chip - How did you change the app drawer icon without using Nova?

I would be curious to know as well. Pressing down on an icon for a second, then releasing to edit an icon works great for all the other icons except for the app drawer icon. Would love to be able to modify that one as well.

Ugh, that must be the difference...definitely prefer the at&t icon

I prefer the AT&T icon as well but I prefer the central location of the app drawer icon on the VZ model. I cannot move mine from far right.

One minute later edit... It let me move it. Maybe I just forgot to try before I posted the above lol.