LG G3 camera changing icon disappeared after “Unfortunately camera is not working” - Please Help

Nikos27

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a LG G3 with android 5.0 installed, bought it new one year ago. No issues until a week ago where I opened the gallery and realised that I did have many black photos taken, like while having it in the pocket, then opened Camera and reveived a message “Unfortunately camera has stopped”. Rebooted but again the same message. After a few hours the back camera did work but I noticed that the camera switch Icon was missing. No drops or something. Just happened.

Have already tried to:
-Factory reset
-Hard reset from manufacture menu
-Restore from Backup
-Delete cache/data from Camera and/or Gallery
-Download other camera apps
-Use Messenger Skype Viber etc.
Nothing works. Its like the system doesnt recognise the that theres another camera there.

There is not the option to return the phone cause I live in different country now.

I would prefer not to root mostly because I am not familiar with the procedure and I cannot afford to buy new phone in case something goes really wrong.

Please if someone would suggest any ideas, I would be grateful. Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The camera module - a piece of hardware mounted on the motherboard - has stopped working, just as it says. That means that you need a new camera module. Depending on how much the repair shop will charge to replace it, it may be as cheap, or cheaper, to replace the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69