LG G3 camera changing icon disappeared after “Unfortunately camera is not working” - Please Help

Nikos27

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a LG G3 with android 5.0 installed, bought it new one year ago. No issues until a week ago where I opened the gallery and realised that I did have many black photos taken, like while having it in the pocket, then opened Camera and reveived a message “Unfortunately camera has stopped”. Rebooted but again the same message. After a few hours the back camera did work but I noticed that the camera switch Icon was missing. No drops or something. Just happened.

Have already tried to:
-Factory reset
-Hard reset from manufacture menu
-Restore from Backup
-Delete cache/data from Camera and/or Gallery
-Download other camera apps
-Use Messenger Skype Viber etc.
Nothing works. Its like the system doesnt recognise the that theres another camera there.

There is not the option to return the phone cause I live in different country now.

I would prefer not to root mostly because I am not familiar with the procedure and I cannot afford to buy new phone in case something goes really wrong.

Please if someone would suggest any ideas, I would be grateful. Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The camera module - a piece of hardware mounted on the motherboard - has stopped working, just as it says. That means that you need a new camera module. Depending on how much the repair shop will charge to replace it, it may be as cheap, or cheaper, to replace the phone.