LG G4 Battery Life Thread

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turn off battery charge sound?

This does turn off the sound, but not the vibration or the notification. I just want the whole stupid thing disabled. It's absolutely pointless. I have eyes...I can see when my battery is charged!!

I may sound a little more upset than you think is necessary, but if you have an LG you may understand my frustration. If not, imagine this...your phone is charged to 100%, but you leave it plugged in because why kill your battery if you're 3 feet from a wall charger, right?? The phone literally vibrates at least once every 15 seconds because it charges to 100%, stops charging, drains JUST ENOUGH to start charging again, then bzzzzzz....full battery, time to stop charging and drain just enough to charge and fill again!!! BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

My G4 does not do this at all. It beeps once when it hits 100%. That's it.

Aloys G

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G4 battery life isn't as great as those reviewers said

I'm not the "average" user and I kill 3 batteries per day during the week and 2 per day on the weekend. I'm on speaker half the day while webbing at the same time. I detest dim dingy screens which are useless for my work so I use LUX cranked to 100% 24/7.

I move around way too much to have the phone charge the battery so I have the promo kit and then bought another kit. One is in the phone, other charged in my pocket and third is charging in craddle.

I've had the same job same usage for 5 years and never had a phone burn through battery as badly as this one.

Btw, the day I turn my screen down to dingy and stop apps and turn off the screen is the day I no longer need a smartphone.

Give me nits, give me color accuracy and give me a battery that can handle the job.

I don't need a phone as thin as a wafer, I need to run my business. So far at 3 battery changes per day I'm not complaining but if this was a sealed phone like the S6 then it would be bye bye day one.

My G3 can do a work day with 2 batteries. If anything, I wish the G4 battery was hot swappable because even a 3 min downtime is too much for me.
3 batteries? Wow. I get around 4h SOT with pretty much everything on (except wifi automatically disabled when not home) so you must be having your screen on like 10h a day at least!

Autobrightness on this phone is sometimes a little too bright for my taste, have you even given it a try?

That being said, you should consider using some wireless charging on your car or at your desk, it could save you 3 or even 6 minutes a day. Unless you spend 10h walking around with your phone on speaker, which any decent person would avoid for fear of bothering surrounding people.

Battery life isn't earth shattering on this phone but it's far from bad. Have you taken the time to factory reset your phone after you bought it? It often helps for the carrier setup process sometimes leaves scars.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Turn off battery charge sound?

Mine does not buzz repeatedly either.

Now, I did once have mine keep repeatedly giving me the 15%-battery-left warning, while I was trying to charge it in the car, starting below 15%. I thought it was doing what you described, going above 15%, then dropping to 15% (triggering the warning), then going above 15%, etc.

But as it turned out, my charger was just loose in the cigarette lighter plug, and kept losing contact, and shutting off the charger. Then I'd get the 15% warning. Then the charger would turn on again, then lose contact, and repeat the 15% warning.

Is it possible something like that was happening here? Flaky charger, or a loose cable somewhere? Mine has twice told me it can't charge from the LG charger, because it's not compatible. This morning, that was because the USB cable was pulled out slightly from the charger. Oops.

Vijet

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Two days ago I disabled "Amazon app platform". So far, it seems to have greatly improved my battery life. Running similar times to my T-Mobile g3 now. Time will tell if this is a permanent fix. Give it a shot of you're having battery issues on your Verizon g4.

Thanks for the tip!
I'm on Verizon and my battery life is disappointing. Less than 3 hours of SOT for a full charge.
Can you please tell me which .apk did you disable? Did you use the Debloater tool to disable it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site

b8e908f330fd0743e882c29b5b3fdc2b.jpg

c460456403e8e611183a335b580413a6.jpg

fbd31d0596d1196c773b4ed07ee2c80d.jpg

Once I disabled the above apps, installed Lux to control autobrightness, turned off or uninstalled all of the gimmicky LG features that I don't use, plus other tips (ie, only enabling GPS when needed, which is not very often, visit social sites like Twitter and FB via Opera/browser), it greatly increased my battery life.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I've got two battery packs of anyone wants them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Maddog

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

15 - 1.jpg15 - 2.jpg

Here's my battery life from yesterday/today.

I don't think I am a heavy user but I feel like I average about 3 hrs SOT if I was to go on one charge through the day.
With this phone however, I woke up around 8 and with a quick charge after I get home from work yesterday, I was able to make it all the way through after lunch today. I didn't put it on charge last night and the SOT was over 4 hours. That's pretty boss if you ask me.

duoFurious

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile My Account App - Battery Drain!

not heat issues, but battery drain from my account turning on GPS still with everything off, including notifications

Sung Je

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I've already return my LG G4
so sad that battery life is worse than my 1.5 years old note 3.
wont last 13~15hrs, which drives me nuts.
i think it is because bad sprint network, but also LG's software/networking issue.
I really liked G4, but had to let it go :':)':)':)':)'(

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I've already return my LG G4
so sad that battery life is worse than my 1.5 years old note 3.
wont last 13~15hrs, which drives me nuts.
i think it is because bad sprint network, but also LG's software/networking issue.
I really liked G4, but had to let it go :':)':)':)':)'(

Bad Sprint network? Is this a generalization or is it bad in your area? I have Sprint and easily get 4 hours SOT on a daily basis.

What LG software/networking issue?

And why do people continually compare battery life to phones that don't match up spec wise? The note 3 has a 3% larger screen but is also only 1080p which requires much less power than the QHD screen of the G4. And the note 3 also has a 200mAh larger battery so of course it may have better battery life.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
LG G4 SOT

So here's what I got today. Been off and on my phone all day with work. Emails, 1.5 hours of calls, 1 hour of angry birds 2, texts, about 15 mins of web, etc... Phone had been unplugged for 8 hours and 59 mins from full charge. Died at 1% and I had to plug in to screen shot the SOT. Whats everyone think about this time?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 41356.jpg
    41356.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 461

packerfan9130

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I bought my first unit a week ago and noticed a horrible batter life combined with a UI that stopped working and made my phone become defected. I traded in that phone and got another G4 and my battery life is amazing! My first day I got about 16 hours of on battery time with heavy usage of gaming, social media and videos and still had about 40 percent battery left before I decided to go to sleep. I have been nothing but impressed since I got this new unit.

Sjones5572

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I absolutely love my LG G4! I found that once it is fully charged, unplug it immediately. I get about 16-18 hours of usage. I definitely have put this phone to the test.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G4 SOT

So here's what I got today. Been off and on my phone all day with work. Emails, 1.5 hours of calls, 1 hour of angry birds 2, texts, about 15 mins of web, etc... Phone had been unplugged for 8 hours and 59 mins from full charge. Died at 1% and I had to plug in to screen shot the SOT. Whats everyone think about this time?

In my opinion, anything approaching 4 hours is very good. If you think about your waking hours, say 16 or 17 hours, that means that you were able to use your phone for 25% of your day.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

In my opinion, anything approaching 4 hours is very good. If you think about your waking hours, say 16 or 17 hours, that means that you were able to use your phone for 25% of your day.

Spin it however you want but the g4 has very marginal sot time compared to other phones.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Spin it however you want but the g4 has very marginal sot time compared to other phones.

Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9 SOT(SCREEN-ON-TIME) Battery Test! | HighOnAndroid.com -- S6 and M9 get 4 to 5 hours SOT

https://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/33mo36/nexus_6_battery_life_its_not_7_hours_sot_and_its/ -- Nexus 6 gets 3 to 5 hours SOT

(By the way, there are some very good tips in that reddit Nexus 6 post about how to improve SOT!)

I can get 4 hrs SOT without any sort of tweaking or overly cautious settings. If I were to really make it my goal, I could probably get that to 6 hrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha