LG G5 stuck on fastboot. Factory recovery not working.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

While doing nothing other than charging, my phone showed the LG screen and turned off all by itself.

After that, it starts in fastboot mode. To reboot, I remove the battery and put it on again, and it again goes to fastboot mode.

All I could do after that was:

* check IMEI by starting with Power + volume up

* get the factory reset menu by turning it on with Power + volume down, then dropping the Power, then pressing it again. I choose to wipe and reset, and nothing happens.

* connect to the PC and reboot by doing `fastboot reboot`. It immediately goes back to fastboot reboot. `fastboot getvar unlocked` says no, and it doesn't recognize `fastboot flashing unlock` or `fastboot oem unlock`

* I've tried removing the battery for short times, for long times, nothing changes

It's the H860.

Anyone has any clue about what happened, what the current state seems to be, what can or can't be done at this point?

Thanks a lot

(I'm cross-posting at the lg-g5 subreddit. I tried linking but androidcentral thinks it's spam. I'm not too hopeful to get replies over there anyway).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Non-members cannot post links. I recommend joining us as a member. You'll be welcome.
Thread moved to G5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky