LG G6 getting Oreo, followed by V20 and G5

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
https://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/lg_g6_oreo_0427/

Translated To English:

Enjoy the "Oreo" in the seven-color LG G6!
April 27, 2018 Social LG Electronics

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share to KakaoTalk

■ LG G6 Android 8.0 'Oreo' upgrade from 30th
■ "Software Upgrade Center" for quick and systematic smartphone customer care
■ Added new features such as LG V600S ThinQ's 'sympathetic AI'
■ LG Electronics CEO Lee Seok-soo, Software Upgrade Center, said, "We will continue to strive to earn the trust of our customers that we can trust and make long-term purchases once we purchase LG Smartphones.

LG Electronics will upgrade the operating system of LG G6 to Android 8.0 'Oreo' from 30th. The LG G6 is a premium smartphone with a 5.7-inch full-vision display that gives a full 18: 9 aspect ratio, an optimal grip to handle with one hand, and the highest level of durability. Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Mystic White, Terra Gold, Marine Blue, Lavender Violet, and Raspberry Rose.

LG Electronics will upgrade the operating system (OS) of LG G6 to Android 8.0 'Oreo' from 30th.

LG Electronics has been providing 'Oreo' upgrades for the first time as a smartphone maker in Korea last December through LG V30. Based on accumulated technology and know-how, LG upgrades the latest OS upgrade to LG G6.

This upgrade is the first line of the 'Software Upgrade Center', which was launched in March for quick and systematic smartphone customer care. The center is a permanent organization to provide stable and ongoing support for occasional OS upgrades. Following this LG G6, LG V20 and LG G5, which were launched in 2016, will also be upgraded to Oreo.

The upgrade is available both wireless and wired. Customers who use the LG G6 can receive the software update notification from their smartphone, upgrade wirelessly, or connect to the PC and upgrade through the LG Bridge program. The 'LG Bridge' can be installed from the mobile phone download center of LG Electronics homepage.

Android 8.0 'Oreo' speed, battery and basic performance, screen configuration, graphics and overall improved. You can enjoy various convenience functions such as adding PIP (Picture In Picture) function that allows users to watch video and continue viewing images on a small screen even when another app is running, and support for high-resolution sound source LDAC that minimizes sound source loss.

LG Electronics plans to add new features such as the 'sympathetic AI' introduced by the LG V30S ThinQ to the LG G6.

The LG G6 is a premium smartphone with a 5.7-inch full vision display that gives it a full 18: 9 aspect ratio, an optimal grip to handle with one hand, and the highest level of durability. Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Mystic White, Terra Gold, Marine Blue, Lavender Violet, and Raspberry Rose.

"We will continue to provide stable and continuous after-sales services such as upgrading the OS and adding new functions to existing products," said Lee Seok-su, CEO of Software Upgrade Center at LG Electronics. "LG Smartphones can be trusted by customers I will try to make steady efforts. "

tag

#LG G6
#LG V30S ThinQ
# Sympathetic AI
# Android 8.0
# Oreo

https://social.lge.co.kr/wp-trackback.php?p=149325
Social LG Electronics
Social LG Electronics /

Social Social curator who runs LG Electronics.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
<b>... "Following this LG G6, LG V20 and LG G5, which were launched in 2016, will also be upgraded to Oreo."</b>

So most likely LG will upgrade the V20. Usually, a flagship gets at least one major OS upgrade.. this is my first LG flagship phone so I don't know how they were in the past with OS updates. What do you think? Are you going to update your V20 to Oreo.. or do you think it's fine as it is and that it's unnecessary? There's still no mention if the V20 and G5 will get the AI camera update.. I'm guessing most likely not because they still want to push for the G6 and V30 sales.

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile has announced that the V20 will get Oreo. I'll take the upgrade when it comes -- I see no material reason not to.

Bay 13

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
<b>... "Following this LG G6, LG V20 and LG G5, which were launched in 2016, will also be upgraded to Oreo."</b>

So most likely LG will upgrade the V20. Usually, a flagship gets at least one major OS upgrade.. this is my first LG flagship phone so I don't know how they were in the past with OS updates. What do you think? Are you going to update your V20 to Oreo.. or do you think it's fine as it is and that it's unnecessary? There's still no mention if the V20 and G5 will get the AI camera update.. I'm guessing most likely not because they still want to push for the G6 and V30 sales.

I brought an unlocked AT&T variant V20...do you think it will get Oreo? I have been receiving security updates.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
This post doesn't mention the carriers.
I wonder if the update will have to go through the laborious Verizon check before they release or if it can go direct to user.
I'm afraid there could be glitches if it is installed without passing through Verizon. Big Red adds all kinds of stuff and strips some things off so who knows what is compatible.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the update will have to go through the laborious Verizon check before they release or if it can go direct to user.
I'm afraid there could be glitches if it is installed without passing through Verizon. Big Red adds all kinds of stuff and strips some things off so who knows what is compatible.
If it's a Verizon branded one, it'll go through their process.

Personally, I'd be just fine not getting it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, if you have a carrier version, wait and see what other people say about it. I remember updating my AT&T Galaxy S4 and they took away features, which annoyed the heck out of me.. they took away the data on/off toggle shortcut on the drop-down notification bar. I believe AT&T still does not allow that shortcut. Verizon is known for bloat-ware, probably the most bloat-ware.. they will probably add new bloat. You can probably still use ADB commands to remove them.

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, if you have a carrier version, wait and see what other people say about it. I remember updating my AT&T Galaxy S4 and they took away features, which annoyed the heck out of me.. they took away the data on/off toggle shortcut on the drop-down notification bar. I believe AT&T still does not allow that shortcut. Verizon is known for bloat-ware, probably the most bloat-ware.. they will probably add new bloat. You can probably still use ADB commands to remove them.

My AT&T V20 has the data on/off toggle shortcut on the drop-down notification bar. Who knows, they may take it away with Oreo. :D

BaiMai1214

May 8, 2018
Visit site
hello, I have the Sprint variant LS997 of the LG V20 and I'm hoping that they will send out the Oreo update just which month that's all I want to know . any help is greatly appreciated

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
hello, I have the Sprint variant LS997 of the LG V20 and I'm hoping that they will send out the Oreo update just which month that's all I want to know . any help is greatly appreciated

Yes but most likely after the G7 release, might take a while, not sure but they will.

BaiMai1214

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Thank you flyingkytez I thought we where going to be left of for a minute with the oreo updates coming and silverfang77 I can't wait either!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter