LG G6 Vibration stopped

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I see others are getting lucky and theirs starts working again. Mine has refused to work even after multiple hard resets. Any ideas? Thanks community hive mind!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine went bad on my AT&T G6. Had it swapped out through the carrier under the standard 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Outside of that 1 year, you may have to go through LG.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
it might not be a software issue. mine started working again after I dropped it (on the floor, in a case). it's working as of now but it wasn't working for a few months. make a warranty claim if you absolutely need it. it didn't bother me tooooo much. I also didn't want to send my phone in just to get a phone previously owned by someone else. I don't like that.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I think I will just keep using it. I have dealt with it for a little while now and thankfully my fit bit will vibrate. (phone has to be silent at work) S9+ on order. Oh LG I thought you turned yourself around..

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. The wife and I have G6s bought at the same time. Our motors have stopped working the same week. We both downloaded the Pixel cam port, which is the only common denominator between our phones.

Any chance the camera app did this? I did uninstall it reboot multiple times and it didn't bring the motor back.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
This is weird. The wife and I have G6s bought at the same time. Our motors have stopped working the same week. We both downloaded the Pixel cam port, which is the only common denominator between our phones.

Any chance the camera app did this? I did uninstall it reboot multiple times and it didn't bring the motor back.
Definitely not related to the Gcam port. Have you tried slapping the back of the phone a few times. Maybe it's jammed or stuck?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not related to the Gcam port. Have you tried slapping the back of the phone a few times. Maybe it's jammed or stuck?
I beat both phones like they stole something to no avail. Just finished factory resetting mine and still doesn't work. Will probably call AT&T today.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine will be going back to LG soon for repair or what ever they will do.. Work gave me a S9 plus so I am not to worried about now! I sat on this issue way to long, so long I ran out of the one year warranty. Glad LG new they still have issues and gave out a second year warranty!

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is sending us 2 replacements. They will be certified refurbished , but I never realized how much I relied on the vibration motor until I lost it. Weird that the AT&T store told me to call lg, but AT&T customer service had 3 replacements professing after a 15 minute phone call.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I see others are getting lucky and theirs starts working again. Mine has refused to work even after multiple hard resets. Any ideas? Thanks community hive mind!

Not a software issue. It's a hardware issue. Mine fell on the floor and suddenly started working again. It gets stuck on something in there

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
mine stopped a month or so afteri got it i may be sending it in to lg and im ask them to remove all the tmobile crap :(

update

i talked to lg on twitter they said i could send in the phone for repair but i got no reciept it disintegrated to nothin in the closet but the guy on twitter said to send it in anyways since its still under warranty so should i will they repair it even tho i got no reciept anymore ?

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
mine stopped a month or so afteri got it i may be sending it in to lg and im ask them to remove all the tmobile crap :(

update

i talked to lg on twitter they said i could send in the phone for repair but i got no reciept it disintegrated to nothin in the closet but the guy on twitter said to send it in anyways since its still under warranty so should i will they repair it even tho i got no reciept anymore ?

I would contact them again to inquire about that before going to all the effort to send it in. Keep us posted! :)

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

update

Did you register it with LG?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais