LG Optimus S: 4.4 KitKat?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
My wife likes stability. I like bleeding edge. This ROM has become nearly the perfect fusion of both. Her phone ROM (I think Reborn) is now having some FC issues, that are causing her headache. I want to bring her over, but I also want to wait for the next release, just to give her the most stability possible. Should I wait, or bring her over to the latest build? I've also heard Squid is putting together something sort of on his own. How do I go about that? Where is that squidROM located?
mine is probably more stable and way more updated. Nobody else been building for a while...
It is in the V forum.
Try the sprint fix. It should work now... I glitched the keycodes a couple times before.

The remaining instability is the clock lag. Nasty if you rely on alarms. I remember on ICS someone found an alarm app that ran off kernel time but I forget what it was. Everything else should work, and I've started tweaking it instead of just getting things working.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Sprint fix should have correct keymap now, i kanged it from mirage's sprint fix.
Sorry. That was reported but i did not get to fixing it until yesterday.
If gapps do not fully flash you probly need more /system space.

Yay, I have a settings button!... Only it's once again mapped to home and vice versa, lol. Sorry to be a downer. Thanks for getting the fix out right away. I'm fine with them reversed for the time being as long as they work, but just wanted to let you know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yay, I have a settings button!... Only it's once again mapped to home and vice versa, lol. Sorry to be a downer. Thanks for getting the fix out right away. I'm fine with them reversed for the time being as long as they work, but just wanted to let you know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
there are two sprint keyswap zips in the kernel thread in the v forum.
one of them should fix you up. Let me know which one and I'll (hopefully) finally patch it.

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
there are two sprint keyswap zips in the kernel thread in the v forum.
one of them should fix you up. Let me know which one and I'll (hopefully) finally patch it.
So I looked and keyswap(1) has the correct OS thunderc...kl, but the thunder...kl in that zip is still the OV one. Does that help?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So I looked and keyswap(1) has the correct OS thunderc...kl, but the thunder...kl in that zip is still the OV one. Does that help?
But does that zip give you the correct keylayout? The V kernel has the keycodes reversed to the OS version.
and my port of the kernel doesn't even read the thunderc_keypad.kl, just thunder_keypad. I slopped a lot of Sprint code in there to get more up-to-date bits, and left thunder_keypad.kl as the default to simplify.

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
But does that zip give you the correct keylayout? The V kernel has the keycodes reversed to the OS version.
and my port of the kernel doesn't even read the thunderc_keypad.kl, just thunder_keypad. I slopped a lot of Sprint code in there to get more up-to-date bits, and left thunder_keypad.kl as the default to simplify.
no the zip doesnt work. i think you forgot to replace the thunder_keypad.

Last edited:

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Keyswap1 does work... maybe I didn't mount system first when I tried it before or something. Sorry bout that.

Last edited: