LG v20 Cases

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I normally prefer wallet flip cases because I can go without a screen protector. My go to brand is VRS, but after putting a cheap wallet on this for quick measure, I'm finding it difficult to use even though there's a hole in the back for the FPS. That back button placement just kills it for me. I see a lot of good options in this thread so off to Amazon I go :)

Danfj40

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
i am now. that looks really nice. o man lg was so smart with that flip cover.

I had a flip case like this for a G3 and loved it so ordered a Voia one for 24.99 which took 11 days to receive via ebay arrived yesterday in gray.

VOIA LG V20 W9TSuqvpAkJ0Cw | eBay

Summary - Well made with great fit but a few odd use cases.

- Same design as the LG G3 round window case.
- Fit is snug and snaps into the plastic back case.
- Window for the always on screen.
- Open the cover to activate the screen. IIf I hold in left hand can do fingerprint with right hand.
- The volume keys are covered by the flip cover hing but they still work with the cover closed.
- The front cover is brushed plastic of some sort and looks very lux. The back is smooth plastic and is too slippery for my liking to hold the phone firmly. Also when open the font cover on the back is slippery.
- Nice touch how the front cover is slanted at the top and bottom to match the shape of the phone.
- Very thin and light. Thinner than a TPU cover or case which is why I like it along with a screen protector from font cover. Dropped my G3 several times with the same type of case and no issues with phone but the case did crack. That said still minimal protection for drops but great for the screen.

cover front.jpg

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Tried a uag case for the v20 today. I had uag cases for my last 2 phones and loved them. I like the case a lot, BUT.... I don't think the protection is as good as my bodygaurdz. So I am still staying with my bodyguardz. I have not found a case I like better.... yet. Lol

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sent dbrand a skin request for a pink brushed metal or something that looks like the original pink v20 that we didnt get :(
i'm not the pink and fluffly type but tired of the constant black. thats why i had gone with the coral blue on the note 7 but RIP that lol.
grrrr darn apple they get all the cool stuff. well they dont get widgets we still get that lol.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried a uag case for the v20 today. I had uag cases for my last 2 phones and loved them. I like the case a lot, BUT.... I don't think the protection is as good as my bodygaurdz. So I am still staying with my bodyguardz. I have not found a case I like better.... yet. Lol

Can you make a link. Im a sucker for cases. I'll go down that rabbit hole again. Already have the Boltz case coming along with a dbrand skin for the back to cover the Verizon logo

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Can you make a link. Im a sucker for cases. I'll go down that rabbit hole again. Already have the Boltz case coming along with a dbrand skin for the back to cover the Verizon logo

I got mine at an AT&T store.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/cases/bodyguardz-shock-case-with-unequal-lg-v20.html

I did a detailed review with lots of pics that might help.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg.../741090-bodyguardz-case-review-lots-pics.html

It's fairly thin, has a lot of cushioning and made very well. The green area around the inside is a kevlar rubbery compound which seems like it should absorb a drop pretty well. Here are a few pics.View attachment 245682View attachment 245683View attachment 245684View attachment 24568520161024_183156.jpg

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at an AT&T store.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/cases/bodyguardz-shock-case-with-unequal-lg-v20.html

I did a detailed review with lots of pics that might help.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg.../741090-bodyguardz-case-review-lots-pics.html

It's fairly thin, has a lot of cushioning and made very well. The green area around the inside is a kevlar rubbery compound which seems like it should absorb a drop pretty well. Here are a few pics.View attachment 245682View attachment 245683View attachment 245684View attachment 245685View attachment 245686

Thanks

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a flip case like this for a G3 and loved it so ordered a Voia one for 24.99 which took 11 days to receive via ebay arrived yesterday in gray.

VOIA LG V20 W9TSuqvpAkJ0Cw | eBay

Summary - Well made with great fit but a few odd use cases.

- Same design as the LG G3 round window case.
- Fit is snug and snaps into the plastic back case.
- Window for the always on screen.
- Open the cover to activate the screen. IIf I hold in left hand can do fingerprint with right hand.
- The volume keys are covered by the flip cover hing but they still work with the cover closed.
- The front cover is brushed plastic of some sort and looks very lux. The back is smooth plastic and is too slippery for my liking to hold the phone firmly. Also when open the font cover on the back is slippery.
- Nice touch how the front cover is slanted at the top and bottom to match the shape of the phone.
- Very thin and light. Thinner than a TPU cover or case which is why I like it along with a screen protector from font cover. Dropped my G3 several times with the same type of case and no issues with phone but the case did crack. That said still minimal protection for drops but great for the screen.

View attachment 245613
Just received mine and the cover won't stay closed unless the phone is face down

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
For those like me who dont like tempered glass protectors and need a case/shield combo that looks good and works...

Ringke onyx and iq shield fit together with no peeling, but only if the screen install is perfect (its a wet install so its not too hard, theres about a less than 1mm gap max on either side so the coverage is full)

Really like the onyx, protection feels solid and its not excessively flashy. Will hold me over until extended battery cases start hitting the market.
Really like my Onyx. Nice textured sides and smooth back for easy in/out of pocket. Had a Ringke for my 6p and loved it

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161101/9fcb4a3a53f0a20eef53edffeb16069e.jpg
Ringke and Incipio side by side.
First impressions: Incipio feels more premium and offers more protection. It should as it is 3 times the price but I only paid 25 dollars for the Incipio. Ringke feels closer to the phones original feel as far as size. Offers nice grip along the edges. The back of the Ringke feels slippery compared to Incipio. THe Incipio has a nice silicone over hard shell which offers a grip but it's a bit slippery considering it is has a rubbery feel. I think they are both keepers but again the Incipio offers the dual layer protection. The inside layer is nice and cushiony, the hard shell top layer adds protection by being hard with a silicone coating that is hard to beat unless you get something else bullkier. Ringke is easier to remove since it is one piece. Technically I can get the Incipio off as one piece but its tighter that way. Install should definitely be done as a two step process.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161101/e5cb39243dbe9dbdd49fa42d63a43591.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161101/d28bbdb7814b74af649fdc0ecc30d27b.jpg
I prefer the smooth back on the ringke. Slips in/out of the pocket easily

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 245841
http://a.co/fOCPoR6

also got http://a.co/bo4TMUJ

started adding these ring loops when i first go the note 7. what a difference it makes to have one. makes one hand navigation on the phone easier. also upside down texting. if i dont have pockets i clip the ring to the s-clip on my keys,

How is it when flat on a table? I use my phone on a flat surface a lot. I'm afraid that we'll be wobbly. But it does looks so kool!

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How is it when flat on a table? I use my phone on a flat surface a lot. I'm afraid that we'll be wobbly. But it does looks so kool!
It wobbles a little not too much to make it inaporable. I have a swipe code and i. Able to swipe the screen without the phone wigglinf around. Guess depends on the pressure.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
9c50b3ee2d7ca05f1d4a254a81d58ddb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d