Light Leakage?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Pictures 2 & 4 are similar to what my first one did. My second one didn't show any light leakage at all at those angles. If you are looking directly down, like in pictures 1 & 3, I think you are always going to see something. It doesn't affect the functionality of the phone, but if it drives you nuts, then maybe you should trade it in.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Pictures 2 & 4 are similar to what my first one did. My second one didn't show any light leakage at all at those angles. If you are looking directly down, like in pictures 1 & 3, I think you are always going to see something. It doesn't affect the functionality of the phone, but if it drives you nuts, then maybe you should trade it in.

I don't know what to do, the people in my Verizon store are A__holes

so I know it will not be a easy switch to a new phone, I don't know...

(Thanks for your help)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
This is so common and I don't even know if you can call this light leakage since it does not leak out onto the screen or our of the sides of the device. From what I have seen 9 out of 10 Droids are like this. Not an issue and Motorola and Verizon will say the same.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
This is so common and I don't even know if you can call this light leakage since it does not leak out onto the screen or out of the sides of the device. From what I have seen 9 our of 10 Droids are like this. Not an issue and Motorola and Verizon will say the same.

I had someone on another forum say its bad. Would you just keep it?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Did you see my pictures of this problem?

Yes. If you can see the light bleed out from the front of the screen, then yes, take it back. If not, still your call. If you want to see some real light leakage head over to Precentral and check their forums. They have/had light leak out of the seems of the screen on all sides. That's technically light leakage.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes. If you can see the light bleed out from the front of the screen, then yes, take it back. If not, still your call. If you want to see some real light leakage head over to Precentral and check their forums. They have/had light leak out of the seems of the screen on all sides. That's technically light leakage.

I may just take it in, and see if they can crack open a new one and let me

take a look at it. Thank you for all your help, I will report back with what happens.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah figured as much. But I can't help but to think it's not that big of an issue. The light "leakage" on the Droid PALES in comparison to the Storm 1 and I for one don't see it as a hinderince only IMO.

Well I had a Storm one and that is what I early upgraded from.

So when you say its not any where near as bad, I truly understand that.

hellboy2232

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
here are my pics of the leakage. Not the best quality pics i took them with my storm 1 cam.. lol . so let me know what u guys think.. if there all like this then i dont mind it .

zyxwvu44

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
thats waht mine does. it loosk like theres two leds for the 4 haptic buttons, when i look down at the phonei can see some light, but thescreen is bright enough so it doesnt bother me

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
here are my pics of the leakage. Not the best quality pics i took them with my storm 1 cam.. lol . so let me know what u guys think.. if there all like this then i dont mind it .
Do you have a screen protector that ends just above the virtual keys? When I did not have a screen protector I had no light that reflected like your picture shows, when I installed a screen protector it shows up. So its a non-issue, just enjoy the phone and let life go on.

gonzoguy24

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the same thing but i do have a protector on that ends right at that spot...since i do not look at the phone from an angle i do not mind. :)

ditto curtdragon

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
i'm pretty sure the light leak you are talking about comes standard on ALL Droids... if you don't have it then its probably an unintentional defect. a positive defect, but still a defect and very uncommon. All the Droids I've seen do this.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
This is normal on all Droids, it's just a little reflection from the leds that light up the 4 buttons. Jeez people.

OOOH Look!! Mine has a fingerprint and one spec of dust, should I take it back??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332