[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FL16 (FL16 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Credits
Thanks go to the following:
- sfhub for the original information
- sextape for FL16 stock restore
- rwilco12 for advice and hosting
- rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
- Forum Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
- Team Sextape for the team efforts - now including the newest members TrayLunch and MoHoGalore!
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

Good morning and an early Christmas present for all! Here is the link for the FL16 one clicks!
[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FL16 (FL16 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

And just an FYI to the AC community: I will be moving to the Sprint GN2 this week.
While I'll still be involved with E4GT support from Team Sextape many of the efforts will now be headed up by TrayLunch and MoHoGalore.
(I may be posting the links here on AC for the forseeable future.)
It has been my pleasure to share the knowledge I've gained so far from everyone and will continue to do so as I can!

Last edited:

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the camera on this ROM? I can't get my camera to work.

I re-flashed the ROM to see if that will help,.. Still not working.

Whenever I open my camera, the screen flashes and then you can see like you are going to take a picture. Only thing is, there are NO controls on the screen at all and none of the captive buttons work. I can't go back, use the Home button or anything. I have to pull the battery and reboot.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the camera on this ROM? I can't get my camera to work.

I re-flashed the ROM to see if that will help,.. Still not working.

Whenever I open my camera, the screen flashes and then you can see like you are going to take a picture. Only thing is, there are NO controls on the screen at all and none of the captive buttons work. I can't go back, use the Home button or anything. I have to pull the battery and reboot.

Did you do Nodata or full restore? And did you restore any data by TB?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I did this one-click update last weekend, and it is destroying my battery life. Just last night, I went to bed with 75% battery, turned OFF data and sync, and woke up to 22% remaining. And that's WITH an extended 3900mah AceSoft battery. I'm no power user by any means; the vast majority of time my phone is just sitting around (which is why I have the bigger batt's to last several days). Anyone else running into this similar drain?

I've also noted on several occasions that 4.1.2 likes to toggle my wifi on after a period of time when I've turned it off. Since JB doesn't have the power control widget anymore, I was using Power Toggles from the market, and noticed I would turn off wifi, and then 10min later the logo would be lit up again and on. I removed Power Toggle, and the phone still does it by itself.

Edit: And by no means do I intend this to be a "complaining" post at all. Major props and thanks to garwynn and the rest of the team for spending the time/energy on putting this stuff out. I had had ZERO force close issues or instability at all, and that's due to their incredible work on this build. I just have the idle battery drain confusion.

Last edited:

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I did this one-click update last weekend, and it is destroying my battery life. Just last night, I went to bed with 75% battery, turned OFF data and sync, and woke up to 22% remaining. And that's WITH an extended 3900mah AceSoft battery. I'm no power user by any means; the vast majority of time my phone is just sitting around (which is why I have the bigger batt's to last several days). Anyone else running into this similar drain?

I've also noted on several occasions that 4.1.2 likes to toggle my wifi on after a period of time when I've turned it off. Since JB doesn't have the power control widget anymore, I was using Power Toggles from the market, and noticed I would turn off wifi, and then 10min later the logo would be lit up again and on. I removed Power Toggle, and the phone still does it by itself.

Edit: And by no means do I intend this to be a "complaining" post at all. Major props and thanks to garwynn and the rest of the team for spending the time/energy on putting this stuff out. I had had ZERO force close issues or instability at all, and that's due to their incredible work on this build. I just have the idle battery drain confusion.

Sent from my SPH-D710

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you using juice defender
Because there's a setting that will auto turn on your WiFi without warning

Sent from my SPH-D710

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using juice defender
Because there's a setting that will auto turn on your WiFi without warning

Sent from my SPH-D710

I am not. Im just using the standard rooted one click that wiped all user data (I started fresh).
Not using any fancy battery apps or roms or themes. Plain old stock 4.1.2. I actually noticed that I tried to get Wifi Tether working tonight too but didnt have any luck after trying for half an hour. Nothing has been force closing or crashing, so this is all kind of weird. Recommend doing a full wipe and the redoing the one click? I hate that option, having to do all my custom settings all over again.

EDIT: cancel that, I just found this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...wi-fi-tether-not-working-after-jb-update.html . It's a GSIII discussion, but I'd imagine we would have the same issue (seems fairly prevalent for most phones on JB fro the research I see). This sounds more like an actual app problem tho, so I can't fault the one-click for this issue.

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not. Im just using the standard rooted one click that wiped all user data (I started fresh).
Not using any fancy battery apps or roms or themes. Plain old stock 4.1.2. I actually noticed that I tried to get Wifi Tether working tonight too but didnt have any luck after trying for half an hour. Nothing has been force closing or crashing, so this is all kind of weird. Recommend doing a full wipe and the redoing the one click? I hate that option, having to do all my custom settings all over again.

EDIT: cancel that, I just found this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...wi-fi-tether-not-working-after-jb-update.html . It's a GSIII discussion, but I'd imagine we would have the same issue (seems fairly prevalent for most phones on JB fro the research I see). This sounds more like an actual app problem tho, so I can't fault the one-click for this issue.

Unless you restored something from TB - even just data - I'm suspicious of your battery. Here's why - my wife saw unbelievable drain on ICS and I was starting to suspect the battery was failing. Knew JB was doing better so I threw JB on it - and boy what a difference. Even doing nothing the battery used to die after about 12-15 hrs on ICS... went over 2 days! So that told me it wasn't the battery.

If you have time this weekend, go pure stock for a day - no apps, no Google account... and see if you see the same drain. If not then it's something in the content you're putting in and will be a (sometimes lengthy) process of elimination to figure out what is the cause.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Unless you restored something from TB - even just data - I'm suspicious of your battery. Here's why - my wife saw unbelievable drain on ICS and I was starting to suspect the battery was failing. Knew JB was doing better so I threw JB on it - and boy what a difference. Even doing nothing the battery used to die after about 12-15 hrs on ICS... went over 2 days! So that told me it wasn't the battery.

If you have time this weekend, go pure stock for a day - no apps, no Google account... and see if you see the same drain. If not then it's something in the content you're putting in and will be a (sometimes lengthy) process of elimination to figure out what is the cause.

Will do. I was getting horrid battery life on ICS rooted FK23, so I was surprised to see it identical and/or worse on JB. I had a feeling I'd have to start all over again =). Oh, and BTW, until just now when you wrote this, I realized I tried to restore data through TB on my Angry Birds apps (god I love that game), but they did not work. I didn't see anything in this thread or TrayLaunch's post about not using TB to restore anything. May very well be the culprit.

Garwynn - do you know of any fixes yet for the FL16 Wifi tethering? Maybe I should just go back to ICS if I want the tethering for now.....

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Will do. I was getting horrid battery life on ICS rooted FK23, so I was surprised to see it identical and/or worse on JB. I had a feeling I'd have to start all over again =). Oh, and BTW, until just now when you wrote this, I realized I tried to restore data through TB on my Angry Birds apps (god I love that game), but they did not work. I didn't see anything in this thread or TrayLaunch's post about not using TB to restore anything. May very well be the culprit.

Garwynn - do you know of any fixes yet for the FL16 Wifi tethering? Maybe I should just go back to ICS if I want the tethering for now.....

Will have to check and get back to you by Monday.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Wifi tethering works on fk23 leaked rooted new ways on my gf phone we watch Netflix on my ps3 all the time with no lag or buffering

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking and has to see his P. O. LMAO

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Will have to check and get back to you by Monday.

Wifi tethering works on fk23 leaked rooted new ways on my gf phone we watch Netflix on my ps3 all the time with no lag or buffering

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking and has to see his P. O. LMAO

I actually found out that the native Sprint Hotspot that's in the ROM works. It just doesn't work with 4G, only 3G. @Slinkies - does yours tether on 4G?

*Edit*: BTW, I wiped and re-flashed FL16 one-click w/o restoring data on my Angry Birds games through TB, and my batt life is back to stupendous. In the 36-48 hr range now. I guess I need to beat all the AB levels all over again now!!! =)

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually found out that the native Sprint Hotspot that's in the ROM works. It just doesn't work with 4G, only 3G. @Slinkies - does yours tether on 4G?

*Edit*: BTW, I wiped and re-flashed FL16 one-click w/o restoring data on my Angry Birds games through TB, and my batt life is back to stupendous. In the 36-48 hr range now. I guess I need to beat all the AB levels all over again now!!! =)

4G tether works for me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No I only have 3g service where I live :-(

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
4G tether works for me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. I will have to try it again tonight. I turn on 4G and wait for it to connect, and then I flip the switch On for hotspot and it immediately cuts my 4g connection, goes straight to 3g. Nice to know it works for someone though. Will cross my fingers!

swizard210

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to Android. I just got a S2 last weekend, and did a bunch of reading on this forum. Consequently, I chose to put this FL16 ROM on it. Based on the forums it seems like the newest and best option (Correct me if I'm wrong please).

However I noticed that my WiFi keeps turning on even when I turn it off. Every time I plug in my phone, it turns on. Then it also turns on just when it's in my pocket or on my desk etc, during the day (not plugged in). I 'd ;like to use my 4G but instead my WiFi just turns on, and I know that when the WiFi is on, the 4G doesn't work.

When I installed the ROM, I chose the SPH-D710_FL16_709589_Rooted_Restore.exe version. Also, I don't experience good battery life. It maybe because of the WiFi always turning on and searching etc.

Lastly, I've noticed that when I restart the phone, random things from my home screen disappear (Widgets/Apps).

Any solutions for the problems I'm facing? Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow