Liquid got into my phone and the screen is going crazy (ghost touch) - is this fixable?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, earlier today, liquid got on my phone screen by accident. For the first few hours everything was alright but then suddenly the phone crashed and didn't turn on for a few minutes, then the ghost touches started happening once in a while, and then - it started being completely uncontrollable. You almost can't do anything because of how crazy the ghost touches are. Will this fix itself at some point, or do I have to go get it fixed by professionals?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Anytime your phone has water damage, you have to turn it off until it is 100% dry. If the phone is on, the water will cause your phone's internal components to short circuit & fry. There is a slim chance you may be able to save it if you turn it off, put it in some silicon packs & let it dry out for days. Unfortunately, chances are the damage has already been done.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Shut it off and leave it off for a few days, it might dry out and work properly. Some places won't even repair a water damaged phone as there's no way to know how much damage was actually done, you may be looking at buying a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001