List of apps that can write to SD card in KitKat?

John728

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
List of apps that can write to SD card in KitKat?

The Android Central article says, "now third-party applications — as in ones you download from Google Play or elsewhere — can only write to files and folders that they have created or have taken ownership of."

The problem is, I have been googling around for a while and can't find ANY word processing or text editor apps that have the capability to create or take ownership of SD card files or folders in KitKat. Anyone know of any? I would love to see a list of apps in general that can do this. I would love to be able to create some type of "shared" folder for my documents that can be read by all my apps.

There are plenty of "My SD card is broken" threads. I'm going to try to avoid editorializing because everyone else has already shared their outrage. Right now I just want to know apps that can actually write to the SD card.

And no, I can't root my phone, it's a LG Enact. Last unrootable phone I ever buy :(

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
No. Apps can only write to their folden in /SDCard/Android/data/

Presently I know of no text editor that does it. But developers have started coding.

Why bother about small text files? I would be concerned with movie files

John728

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Why bother about small text files?

I like having all my documents on the SD card because: I can easily back up. When I get a new phone, I can just reuse my SD card. When I sell the old one, I don't have to worry about someone else getting my data. Probably not a big deal if I wipe the phone, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucike8