Location always wrong

Ludditejones

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone always has my location wrong. Been this way for years. I always thought it was an issue with the phone but I just got a new phone and it is still wrong. If I go to a website (for example Home Depot) it will always set my local store to New York City. If I ask Alexa what the weather is, she will give me the weather in NYC. Google search Domino's pizza, it gives me all the Domino's in NYC. However, my weather widget is always the correct location and if I use a navigator it puts me in the correct location. Doesn't matter if I have location turned on or off. Usually it thinks I am in NYC but sometimes Chicago or somewhere in the mid west.

Other than just being a minor annoyance I imagine when my plane goes down over the Pacific somewhere they are going to be looking for me in the Hudson River because that is where my phone pinged.

How do I fix this?

Old phone: HTC One X
New Phone: HTC U11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your Location set to High Accuracy? (Battery Saving shouldn't place you that far away in the first place, but I just want to see if this happens with the GPS radio on as well.)

Does this only happen when you're connected to wi-fi, or even when you're not?

Ludditejones

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Phone is set to high accuracy. Not on wifi. Happens on the phones internet (regardless of browser) and on my computer when my phones hotspot is on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what else it might be. Let me see if any of the other Ambassadors have an inkling.

Ludditejones

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
My new phone has Alexa on it. Earlier today I asked "where am I?' and it said it didn't know what towns were near by. Just now I asked and it told me my exact location. I immediately asked "what is the weather?" and it gave me the weather in NYC (three hours away from me).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord