location services shows wrong location

Moltres_rider

Banned
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been having this problem for about three weeks now... my phone's location services has been saying I'm in Cincinnati OH when I am in Mattawan MI!!! (southwest corner of MI)!!! it seems to be only a problem in my own town but if I go to a neighboring city, the problem disappears!!! Verizon told me there is no issues regarding location services in my area and they pretty much gave up themselves!!! what is wrong and how do I fix??? we tried EVERY troubleshooting step in the book and nothing worked!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen when using your network's location or does it happen when using GPS as well? Does the wrong location appear on Google Maps? Does it show as wrong in any other location-aware apps?

You could try apps with 'alternate' location providers, like Beautiful Widgets, and check if the problem is with the network itself or with the location provider getting your info wrong.

Oh, and you should also try using WiFi to see if the location shows up right.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm guessing the location provider has got the info wrong... Try an app that lets you change it (I'm sorry, the only one I know of is Beautiful Widgets). Also, you could try to download a GPS signal analyzer, one that gives you the 'raw' data it's getting from GPS; you want the coordinates calculated by the GPS signal alone, not your service provider. Then take those coordinates and enter them in Google Maps in a web browser and check to see if it points to your town or not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks