Lock screen wallpaper keeps changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamelajaye

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
This is my first question on an Android forum.

Since last night my lock screen wallpaper has been automatically changing to my home screen wallpaper.

I'm using Android 8 on a LG v20 which I've had since Thanksgiving

I have not changed the wallpaper myself in about a month

I never checked off the box to make my lock screen wallpaper match my home screen wallpaper

I'm not using a launcher whatever that is. (I saw that in a question)

Sometimes my lock screen wallpaper will change to whatever YouTube is running on my television but that doesn't appear to be the case here. I think I've been controlling my television from another device and I haven't seen the video on my phone in the past day)

Last night I had to pause Twilight because something was too dark for me to read. But it's never caused this problem before. Maybe I should shut it off? Pause it? Uninstall it? I have it on auto so it doesn't really kick in during the day.

Since last night I have had to reset my lock screen wallpaper four or five times and it's getting old. I've never had this problem before.

I should have put that first. Sorry.

Those are all the things that I can think of.

I've pretty much been using the same homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers, plural, for a couple of months

I'm not using Zedge. Not for wallpaper. I got my wallpaper from Pinterest. And then I copied the wallpapers to a directory on my external MicroSD called wallpaper, where I keep my important stuff like wallpapers and ringtones and contacts.

Also if I find a ringtone on Zedge I copy it to that subdirectory but I haven't done that in a couple of weeks.

Any other ideas?

I have the play store set to update most of my apps if not all of them, automatically. I didn't used to but my new phone is bigger and hasn't squawked about "no space to install" yet.

I'm not aware of my operating system updating itself. I would notice if that happened, wouldn't I? On my tablet it has to update every last app so it usually asks me first.

I updated just before Thanksgiving from an LG ultimate 2 because it was a CDMA and all the TracFone people told me they were shutting off 3-g and I needed a new phone.

I really have no idea what is the difference between CDMA and GSM or what a SIM card does. But that's not relevant here it's just to point out what I do and do not know.

My phone is not rooted. I once had a tablet that was rooted but it came that way.

I usually ask my brother but he's out upgrading peoples machines to Windows 10, so I thought I would Google. Apparently I didn't use enough words.

This started last night and I didn't notice it at first.

If there's something I'm missing, let me know. And please pardon the errors of voice to text.

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Please refer to your other thread linked above. Thanks.

Thread closed to avoid parallel discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.