Locked Screen Notification Problem

hoperoad

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Last week I updated my phone, I don't know what the update is called but I'm assuming it's the most recent one. Anyways the update messed up notifications in my locked screen it used to be just a rectangular box that said "New Message" which was really nice and simple.

The screenshot that I attached is what it looks like now, not only does it look ugly but my weather app and easy battery app aren't even displaying the correct numbers.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to make only message notifications pop up on my lock screen without all of that other stuff. Or if anyone has suggestions for texting apps or something like that. By the way I have already messed around with stuff in the "sounds and notification" settings.

Thanks for your time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-07-09-23-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-07-09-23-51.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is how the Lollipop update works for the S4. You could try installing a 3rd party lockscreen replacement app from Google Play Store, but I'm not sure how many of them work on Lollipop (most were designed for KitKat and under).

I think getting rid of the other notifications means turning off their notifications completely (which means not getting notifications from those apps after you've unlocked the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54