Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
- Samsung GS4
- Android Version 4.3
- Baseband Version I545VRUEMJ7
- Kernel Version 3.4.0
- Build Number JSS15J.I545VRUEMJ7
- Custom root

I absolutely love my S4! That being said, there is two "flaws" that really annoy me - no way to natively lock the volume and the volume dropping about 33% when the headphone cable is removed (whether intentionally or unintentionally).

Does anyone know anything (whether native within the phone or via a third party app) that can resolve these two issues? I tested Precise but, although an excellent app, is way more than what I need. The one caveat I have is, since my phone is rooted, I would prefer not to upgrade the software or perform a system reset. Any assistance is appreciated.

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Flawless!!! Thank you! Just for everyone's reference, you can still "technically" change the volume with the phone's up/down buttons. However, the app immediately adjusts the volume to the predetermined level. Absolutely exactly what I needed!

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I thing I noticed, and maybe I have just overlooked this feature, there is no option to start this app on device startup. Is that a feature within the paid version?

RockoB8

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
If you have any problems with it down the road, you should totally check out Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for quite some time now and it works wonders and then some. It's a bit more in price at $2.99, but it has much more features. I haven't had a single problem with. I figured I'd mention it in case you have any future problems with the other one.