Note20 Ultra and Default Audio Device

haemphyst

Dec 28, 2021
Visit site
I have a Note20 Ultra, and I use an extrernal USB DAC/headphone amp. That device is completely capable of supporting any audio stream that the phone might output, but when I'm listening to music (on the Onkyo HFPlayer with key) and playing a game, every time there is an ad in a game or a pause for some reason, the music stops and because my internal volume is all the way down, there is no sound. It's frustrating, but that's not the problem, per se.

Wat I REALLYwant is to output ALL audio though the USB port, so that no matter the application I'm using, I get audio from my external amplified speakers. Disney+, Discovery+, Foobar, hulu, Netflix, MediaMonkey, Kodi... they all play on the internal speakers, only. I can use the HFPlayer to play the audio stream from any and all of the above mentioned application's associated files, but there's no video - I simply open the files from within HFPlayer, and off they go.

The real question here, then, is this:

Can I disable completely the internal audio device, so that when the USB DAC is plugged in, the entire system ONLY sees that audio device? I don't even care if the system sounds play through the external speakers, I'd rather have that, than the silences when my music pauses because of the prioritization of the internal device for Facebook videos, or ads in my games...

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Samsung One UI Version 3.1
Android Version 11
Google Play Update - November 1, 2021
KNOX version 3.7 but disabled (as far as I can tell...)
Android Security Patch Level - December 1, 2021

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards