Lollipop Bugs

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
For me google play services was a HUGE battery drain, 2nd or 3rd on the drain list. I u installed play services updates, rebooted and now it's at the bottom of the list after a full day.

16.5 hours total, 5:29 SOT and 21% battery left.

Ahhhh, back to normal :)

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
For me google play services was a HUGE battery drain, 2nd or 3rd on the drain list. I u installed play services updates, rebooted and now it's at the bottom of the list after a full day.

16.5 hours total, 5:29 SOT and 21% battery left.

Ahhhh, back to normal :)

Nice thank you
What's your wifi/4g ratio

Lijash Iqbal

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Only bug I have is attentive display. I don't think they should have held up the release just for that.

So,

- You are able to open Facebook using Moto Voice ? Mine just announces "Opening Facebook" and nothing happens.
- You are able to send WhatsApp messaged from lock screen ? Mine just get stuck on the ambient display screen.
- Moto Meeting is triggered off your exchange calendar ? Mine does not !
- Priority mode = silent mode for you except for starred contacts ? I get WhatsApp sounds through.
- Bluetooth audio connection is ok ? Mine is patchy but still livable than the bugs mentioned above.

If its just the attentive display you are facing - you are one lucky man ! :)

PS: All these bugs, after 2 factory resets and 'x' number of cache clearing, where x = I really lost count times !

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
So,
- You are able to open Facebook using Moto Voice ? Mine just announces "Opening Facebook" and nothing happens.
- You are able to send WhatsApp messaged from lock screen ? Mine just get stuck on the ambient display screen.
- Moto Meeting is triggered off your exchange calendar ? Mine does not !
- Priority mode = silent mode for you except for starred contacts ? I get WhatsApp sounds through.
- Bluetooth audio connection is ok ? Mine is patchy but still livable than the bugs mentioned above.

If its just the attentive display you are facing - you are one lucky man ! :)

PS: All these bugs, after 2 factory resets and 'x' number of cache clearing, where x = I really lost count times !

Ah I don't use a few of what you listed. But priority mode seems to be working fine for me (have been using it in the office) and Bluetooth has been aok.

Still I don't think they should have held it back.

Also after one factory reset you don't have to do anymore to try and fix anything. Still buggy after one and you've confirmed it can't be fixed that way.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Apart from the attentive display issue which i fixed, i find the following buggy...

I cannot open any app on voice prompt command when the phone is locked. When its open, im able to access apps. I dunno if moto voice has to be tweaked according to new OS.

Another lousy thing is Whatsapp keeps beeping when I switch to priority mode. And moto assist has synced with downtime settings in android l, but honestly i dint quite understand how interruptions and priority mode works.. I made sure all apps have priority turned off.. including whatsapp. But still whatsapp notification beeps. that just threw me off, wondering what was i doing wrong....?

Also in priority interruptions,there is an option for events and reminders. I know reminders but what it means by 'events'? Just to make sure, i switched it off too (I switched off calls and texts..).

Im kinda irked by how the phone goes to 'priority' mode when i activate sleeping in moto assist. Maybe they should have snuck in an option there.. or maybe its just me not used to the new stuff :p.. I'm thinking Android L tried to implement some of the 'assist' features from moto here

I think events are events in your calendar. This will give you the notification so you don't miss meetings/appointments etc.

For your Whatsapp issue go to Settings>Sound & Notification>Interruptions...at the top of the interruptions tap on "When Calls and Notifications arrive" and select "Allow only priority interruptions" and see if that helps correct the beeping issue. My was defaulted to Always interrupt and I think that overides the other interruption settings. Hopefully that helps.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
For your Whatsapp issue go to Settings>Sound & Notification>Interruptions...at the top of the interruptions tap on "When Calls and Notifications arrive" and select "Allow only priority interruptions" and see if that helps correct the beeping issue. My was defaulted to Always interrupt and I think that overides the other interruption settings. Hopefully that helps.

That's exactly what happens when I turn my phone to sleep mode.. And I hear the notifications even in the priority mode.. That's only for WhatsApp.. I guess the app needs to be updated according to lollipop...
There are lot of apps which became buggy after lollipop update. In the notifications from an app called 'times of India' the text is appearing in white color in white background.. So it looks like the notifications are blank.. Only when I tilt my phone I'm able to see there is text!

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Was looking into this WhatsApp priority notifications thing. Its not a bug with lollipop. Apparently WhatsApp doesn't use the correct api for its notifications. Supposedly loading the version on the WhatsApp web page corrects the behavior. Why hasn't that version been pushed out to the play store? No idea.

Someone test and report back.

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I use dolphin browser on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet (wi-fi only) which (with the adobe flash 11.1 apk) played flash videos with no problem. I received the 5,.1 update through Google two days ago. Now flash video seems to be haphazard on certain sites.