Lollipop, new, even BIGGER, update!!!

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Ironass do you have any idea of whats the stock firmware for s5 when it comes out of the box?

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Whilst I have not come across any new features on this OE5 release, above and beyond those in OD3, it appears that Samsung have heavily,"fine tuned", this firmware throughout with, amongst other things, a new kernel and modem for better performance and signal.

After 7 days on this build I can say that the efforts that they have put into this have been worthwhile and it is a very far cry from the first Lollipop build, NL2, on changelist #3416205, that I experienced 7 months ago.

The last 3 build releases, (OC7, OD3 and OE5), have addressed a multitude of problems, gone are the lags, forced closes, annoying notifications, Wi-Fi and signal problems, poor camera performance, high battery usage and Android OS, wakelocks,

Some credit for all this must go to Samsung's improved implementation of Google's new Android RunTime, (ART), over the old Dalvik JIT, (Just In Time), compiler which has proved to be a big battery saver... so much so, that I no longer need to use either, "Power saving", or, "Utra power saving", modes as battery life has gone from around 18+ to 25+ hours.

Well done Samsung! :)

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
hey ironass,why doesnt odin sense my s5 when i put it to odin mode and plug it into the computer?i opened odin on my laptop and i powered to odin mode on my phone but it doesnt seem to sense it,why?

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The firmware that comes out of the box is the first one when downloading firmwares under sammobile right?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The firmware that comes out of the box is the first one when downloading firmwares under sammobile right?

Depends on the date of manufacture for the handset and the model number and version. Some, "F", models are now sold with Lollipop installed.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung are now starting to push out the OE5 build, changelist #4920185, (see post #1), to the worldwide model, G900F, on the following CSC codes...

OJV = United Arab Emirates

(The release is OEC but based on OE5)

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
if i download the earliest firmware there would be no difference from the kitkat that i got out of the box right?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
its about firmwares still though

It is about the OE5 firmware release on changelist #4920185 for Lollipop. Nothing to do with KitKat whatsoever. The clue is in the thread title...

"Lollipop, new, even BIGGER, update!!!"

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
will verizon ever step up their game and fix my phone. Its a piece of crapola ever since the lollipop update

I couldn't agree with you more cpollak!

Verizon did issue an update to OC4 at the end of March. Trouble was, it was only a patch to their old original firmware and not an actual Lollipop firmware update to a better, later, version. Why not?

Besides, what makes anyone think that even if they did release a new version, they wouldn't make the same, "dog's breakfast", out of it again!

FACT:

Verizon's current Lollipop firmware, OC4, on changelist #3846539

is closer to its last KitKat release, 4.4.4, on changelist #3196895

than it is to the latest OE5, worldwide Lollipop firmware releases from Samsung, on changelist #4920185

I am sorry to say, that Verizon's version of Lollipop has become something of a joke among the worldwide Lollipop users as some of the issues that are being posted either do not exist in the stock Samsung firmwares or were fixed as early as last year or in numerous subsequent updates from Samsung.

Verizon would not last 5 minutes in Europe or, indeed, most of the rest of the world, with its old, heavily modified and over bloated firmware with forced updates and locked bootloader.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Some OE1 releases on Lollipop for the following CSC codes...

OLC = Philippines (Sun)

OLB = Singapore (MMI)

OLC = Philippines (Smart)

OLC = Philippines (Globe)

OLB = Singapore (XSP)

OLB = Thailand

OLB = Malaysia

OLC = Philippines

OLB = Singapore (Starhub)

OLB = Singapore (Singtel)

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited: