Lollipop OTA (GPE)

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
@moversi said that they submitted the software on Monday and yesterday (Thursday) Google requested a respin of the software update.

Posted via the Android Central App

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Definitely sucks but I guess it is better than having some buggy software. Just hope their Devs can get it done sooner rather than later. Crazy LG was able to get it done so fast.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am in Los Angeles. I got my N4 updated about 10 days ago. I am installing it on my M8 GPE now.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me how the peformance is? I recently did a GPE conversion and I am going to be performing the OTA update, but I have tried ROMs like SkyDragon and SinLess and I must say the performance isn't impressive compared to Kit-Kat - it just feels a lot slower and more laggy, which is why I resorted to a full GPE conversion to have the official, stock ROM.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Just updated. No issues, so far. WiFi working for me.

Update: WiFi did go flaky, but I just forgot the network and reconnected. So far, so good.

Last edited:

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me how the peformance is? I recently did a GPE conversion and I am going to be performing the OTA update, but I have tried ROMs like SkyDragon and SinLess and I must say the performance isn't impressive compared to Kit-Kat - it just feels a lot slower and more laggy, which is why I resorted to a full GPE conversion to have the official, stock ROM.

It feels snappier than my N6. Maybe 95% as snappy as KitKat was on the M8. Very disappointing in general that it's any kind of performance compromise. That's my gut feel after playing with it a bit.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It feels snappier than my N6. Maybe 95% as snappy as KitKat was on the M8. Very disappointing in general that it's any kind of performance compromise. That's my gut feel after playing with it a bit.

That's about right. Or, it could be all the animations that Google added to Android. I know Apple moved away from overly animated transitions several versions ago, and that helped. I might look to see if that can be turned off.

But, yeah. Doesn't seem as smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo