lollipop?

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
A few things changed im not liking:
Notifications. Not a fan of new method.
Knock on guest mode gone. Guest mode now very buggy
Swipe up qmemo option gone (now only google now available on swipe up)
I'm sure I will figure out ways round these or learn to live with them.

What I do like:
Lag definitely improved. That's a big deal for me. I was starting to get frustrated I switched from dalvik to art but found battery life was atrocious so went back to dalvik. I found the lag was getting pretty bad despite restarts etc.

Lag is all but gone on lollipop.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
it can not be Lollipop :eek:

Yep :)

Chimpboy...

Another change I have noticed ... The Battery Saver mode now seems to have three choices... 15% and 5% and immediately. I used to like to put it at 50% if I knew I was away from WiFi and home all day to put the breaks on syncing etc automatically. I also can't seem to find the options to tell it what to turn off in battery mode... Am I missing something.

Might have to go back to using Tasker for this.

Otherwise I always like updates and am willing to give new ways of doing this a go. It sure is pretty and snappy so far :)

Posted via the Android Central App

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Not too impressed that the button combinations have been reduced to just black and white. Liked the gradiation ones better. Also, before updating, my alarm would still vibrate even when on silent and now the do not disturb option doesn't do this

Posted via the Android Central App

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i have just received this same update offering "Android OS Upgrade New OS version:V20e-DEC-03-2014(522.52 MB).
I am in NYC USA,could this really be Lollipop?I m not installing it until I get conformation.

Apptuners

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i have just received this same update offering "Android OS Upgrade New OS version:V20e-DEC-03-2014(522.52 MB).
I am in NYC USA,could this really be Lollipop?I m not installing it until I get conformation.

V20E is actually the latest stable version of Android 5.0 that has been rolling out internationally. I got the same for D855 yesterday in India.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I see on one of your other posts (you've posted many times on this topic), that you have an unlocked G3, so not so interesting for those of us in the US that have carrier locked phones. It would have been nice if you mentioned that fact in your first post.

The OTA for carrier branded phones in the US isn't happening yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellamcmil