long press home button for google assistant does not work

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Very strange, it works for some and not others .
Yeah, I just read through all this and checked mine and mine works fine... and it was already set that way! Not sure if it was a carry-over setting fro my Note 9 or not but, that's possible! I did use SmartSwitch to restore everything from the Note 9 once the new one was setup and running!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I just read through all this and checked mine and mine works fine... and it was already set that way! Not sure if it was a carry-over setting fro my Note 9 or not but, that's possible! I did use SmartSwitch to restore everything from the Note 9 once the new one was setup and running!
I went from Note 10+ back up samsung cloud and works for me also . Not sure what's the issue, wish mine didn't work so I could troubleshoot on my device.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just switched my N20U unlocked on VZW back to navigation buttons, and a long press of home brought up Google Assistant without a problem.

So it looks like this is not a carrier issue (for once VZW didn't take something away)
Lol ...ok good thing then, yeah I hear you !

UNCMo96

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I bit the bullet and switched to the gestures. Initially annoying but by the evening I'd figured it out pretty well and don't want to go back.

zhunter

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Just adding I'm having this exact same issue with my new Note 20 ultra vzw. Long press home does not do anything at all, regardless of which app I choose as the assistant.

TonyL18

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
I called T-mobile yesterday about my S9 not responding to OK Google (the Google Assistant). The technician said that since last week many have called about this and she experienced herself with her Note. It is apparently due to the last OS upgrade. She told me that Samsung was aware of this and plans to correct the bug with another OS upgrade. In the meantime, she said I can roll-back my OS to older version; it takes about 45 minutes to complete. I didn't do it. I am going to wait.

Last edited:

James DiBattista

Sep 1, 2020
Visit site
Same thing with mine. VZW phone went from Note 8 to 20 ultra using smartswitch. All stock phone. Have been all over the Interwebs and this form is the best thing out there right now. No answer I can find anywhere. 😟