Lots of issues with at&t gear s

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lots of issues with at&t gear s

They have like 5 watches on the market. Including an Android Wear version, and several without a cell connection.

They are essentially playing the field and seeing what sticks.

The Adds like that would help the S, but kind of insult there other offerings.
Good point!
They'd need an ad that just showcases their entire lineup along the lines of : there's something for every taste.

Too bad though, the Gear S is going completely unnoticed by non-techies, it seems.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My Gear Manager required another update the other day. That's 2 in just a few weeks for me. I think Samsung must have heard us. My Gear S is working better than ever and my battery life has skyrocketed :) No new watch faces that I noticed though.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I actually leave BT off full time on my Gear S. It improves the battery life on my Note 4 and I still get calls/texts and notifications on the watch. The battery life on the watch lasts me about 1.5 days this way.

How does that work? I thought you'd need the BT turned on on the Gear S for it to connect to your phone?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

How does that work? I thought you'd need the BT turned on on the Gear S for it to connect to your phone?

I have the T-Mobile watch. It can make and take calls without being connected to a phone. I could even leave the phone at home and still get calls, texts and notifications from the phone on the watch.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Oh right, duh, I thought you meant something else. Cause my watch sucks down power just connected to the phone. Maybe its the watch face or something, because I left my house at 630 AM yesterday,full charge or worst case 95%, was down to about 30 or so by the time I got home around 430. Auto brightness, etc. So I figured there was some setting I could adjust to help battery drain.

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Black and white watch faces make a huge difference. When I use a color one I get maybe half the time I do with a simple one.

DonShock

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

... I left my house at 630 AM yesterday,full charge or worst case 95%, was down to about 30 or so by the time I got home around 430.....
The only time I saw that kind of usage on my Gear S is when I had accidentally activated the Here navigation app and I had GPS active. I didn't notice until I got home and saw it showing in the recent apps when I was trying to find out why my battery drained so much quicker than normal.

The other time I've seen high battery use, but nowhere near as bad as when using GPS, is when I'm working in the yard and constantly going in and out of Bluetooth range of the phone in the house. I think it's the constant reconnects to the cell network to establish the remote connection. But if I just make a single shift to remote and stay in that mode for several hours, the battery hit is not nearly as much.