LOVE the phone... can't take the battery.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Which would even emphasize the need for an app killer... the phone did not monitor itself.

All i know... is that since installing ATK.. i've lost 8% battery in an hour and 5 minutes. I'm no expert... but I like those numbers.

I actually feel like i can go outside and actually use the phone now.

okie dokie. was only tryin to help :)

I have been using mine steady all day starting at 7am till now 7:30pm with tons of calls & running apps and my battery is at 50%. I think some people may have gotten lucky with the battery & some didn't.
That could be possible as well. I still say it's all a product of your signal strength, and the way CDMA searches.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The signal strength thing doesnt fly if you're in the same location pre and post installation of app killer, does it? I didn't install an antenna or anthing.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well issue solved. 2 hours later i've lost 15% total of battery life. (From 60 to 45).

Got to say in my opinion... ATK really made the difference.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been using mine steady all day starting at 7am till now 7:30pm with tons of calls & running apps and my battery is at 50%. I think some people may have gotten lucky with the battery & some didn't.

+1, been 12 hours for me, and I am at 40%. I have no task killer or 4G, but I have been browsing and texting a lot and I watched a few CNN videos.

I am happy with my battery life.

kschuyler

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Took mine off the charger at 7:30 this AM. Fiddled a bit during the day, made a couple calls. Got 30-40 emails, played with ebuddy a bit and had about 75% life at 7:00 tonight. I don't think the battery life is nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Keith

vikingjunior

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
There must be something google/HTC can do to improve battery life. The phone is way to cool to give up on, if I have to a extended battery will get strapped on.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i got really sh1tty bat for the first day then i installed the task manager. and turned off the zombie live wallpaper. after that my phone bat is amazing. charged last night while i slept and i used it to play games and watch sprint tv. txt web calls. and its almost 1100 and i just hit the orange bat. so its been good for me. also if it helps i went through about 6 bat cycles. now its fine tho

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what phone you are coming from? But coming from a Palm Pre this thing has a great battery life! I have been using mine for 12 plus hours on moderate use like with my pre where I only got about 7 hours

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I can not understand the battery issues. I took my phone off of the charger at 4:45am this morning. I browsed for about an hour through out the day. Made about 30 mins worth of phone calls. Sent about 25 texts, 5 emails and checked email through the day. it is now 11:10pm and I still have 25% Battery left. Maybe I just have the super EVO. :+) Not sure.

It makes me really wonder when I read battery life threads sometimes..

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
After using the tips posted above and setting ATK to the specified settings in this thread, my battery drain has slowed down very much. I will see tomorrow how long the battery actually lasts.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It boggles my mind how many people refuse to actually diagnose the situation, instead happily nerfing their devices with ATK.

After all, who cares about silly little things like "multitasking".

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can not understand the battery issues. I took my phone off of the charger at 4:45am this morning. I browsed for about an hour through out the day. Made about 30 mins worth of phone calls. Sent about 25 texts, 5 emails and checked email through the day. it is now 11:10pm and I still have 25% Battery left. Maybe I just have the super EVO. :+) Not sure.

Super Evo? 30 mins of calls... 25 text messages and 5 emails??? I'm sorry and no offense.... but you don't need a PDA for that. I need to send and receive about 100 to 200 emails a day, I definitely need more than 30 mins of calls a day.... and i need to be able to use data without restrictions... (kinda why we pay the $10.00 more).

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

So you are right and everyone else is wrong? While my battery may not be as bad as some I can only get about 6 hours of use and that is not heavy use either.

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
my battery has been great. i was very busy at work yesterday, but still did a decent amount of text/browsing, and after 8.5 hours of being unplugged i had around 70%.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My EVO charged all night. It has been uplugged for 2 hours and is down to 56% with very minimal use. Bummer. I'll visit Sprint for a different battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky