M31 wrong battery remaining charge time and whatsapp eating battery

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought the phone two months ago it was on Android 10 it got an android 11 upgrade everything fell apart my battery was being sucked up by WhatsApp and my charge time has messed up it say 50mins until full 80 to 100 fast charge enabled and it says 99percent 20mins remaining when actually it takes 3 mins

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying that, for example, when the phone reports that it'll take 20 minutes to reach full charge on fast charging, it actually only takes 3 minutes?

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
The issue only happened when it was android 11 I just updated and I saw the remaining charge time and I thought that seems off but I thought must be my imagination but when I saw 20mins until full at 99 percent usually it's is 2 mins but when I saw that it said 20 mins I tried everything stated below
Clearing cache multiple times
Tried different chargers
Tried safe mode
Tried*#0228# and did a full charge cycle
Still it stuck like that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Still not entirely clear what you're saying. So when the battery level is reading 99%, the phone is telling you it will still take 20 minutes to reach 100%, whereas it used to just take 2 minutes?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is overestimating the time it will take to reach 100%, that doesn't seem like a major problem, as long as the battery still charges normally. The real question is if the battery is no longer charging at the expected rate, regardless of what the phone's software is estimating.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe you need to factory reset the phone. I started having issues with my S10+ after the last update. I backed the phone up to my computer using the smart switch app and reset the phone yesterday. Sometimes that is the only way to sort out persistent issues.

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Still not entirely clear what you're saying. So when the battery level is reading 99%, the phone is telling you it will still take 20 minutes to reach 100%, whereas it used to just take 2 minutes?

Yes It states 20 mins. it used to state 2 mins. Since the update it states 20mins and actually takes 2 mins how can I get my estimated remaining charge time back to 2 mins

If the phone is overestimating the time it will take to reach 100%, that doesn't seem like a major problem, as long as the battery still charges normally. The real question is if the battery is no longer charging at the expected rate, regardless of what the phone's software is estimating.
Yes but I usually want it to be accurate since I have work and sometimes I just figure like oh I have 5 mins and it says 20 mins and I'm late like that since it over estimated it by 4 times

Maybe you need to factory reset the phone. I started having issues with my S10+ after the last update. I backed the phone up to my computer using the smart switch app and reset the phone yesterday. Sometimes that is the only way to sort out persistent issues.

I might try this on some weekend but let's see if we can figure out anything

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you already tried wiping the cache partition, I agree with Kizzy Catwoman -- try a factory reset (after backing everything up first).

Or, if this has only happened a few times, wait for a few more charge cycles to see if the software has to "learn."

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Oh well Ill try on a Saturday but I talked to a Samsung representative and they said that the mother board has 3 ICS which could be the cause and they were asking me 100usd pretty sure that wasn't the case since I was in warranty and didn't want to get my phone opened can you give an opinion if he was telling the truth

Meaning should I take it to him for a check but I feel he is trying to scam me since the phone is worth about 250 300 here

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Definitely don't take it to a repair shop yet. As previously suggested, I would first wait a few more charge cycles to see if the system software has to "relearn" the charging times. If that doesn't help, then do a factory reset.

Even if the problem persists, I wouldn't bother with bringing the phone to a service center as long as the battery was still charging up at a normal rate and giving you normal battery life. The difference between 100% and 99% is minimal, and there's no harm in not fully charging the phone -- in fact, battery experts would argue that it's healthier for the battery not​ to charge to 100% on a regular basis.

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Definitely don't take it to a repair shop yet. As previously suggested, I would first wait a few more charge cycles to see if the system software has to "relearn" the charging times. If that doesn't help, then do a factory reset.

Even if the problem persists, I wouldn't bother with bringing the phone to a service center as long as the battery was still charging up at a normal rate and giving you normal battery life. The difference between 100% and 99% is minimal, and there's no harm in not fully charging the phone -- in fact, battery experts would argue that it's healthier for the battery not​ to charge to 100% on a regular basis.

Thank you ok bye I will update after a few charge cycles but if it doesn't I'll do factory reset ok bye until after few charge cycles

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok so yeah I let my phone learn as usual but thing got worse suddenly u know how it says 50m until full and it actually took 20 mins now it say 50 mins untill full and takes 50m I havent done a reset yet only used it normally

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remind me -- does the actual time the phone takes to charge to 100% remain the same as before, or does it definitely take a lot longer? Ignore whatever estimate the phone gives you -- time it yourself using a clock.

I assume the battery life (i.e., how long it takes for it to go from 100% down to about 20%) is unchanged, right?

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Remind me -- does the actual time the phone takes to charge to 100% remain the same as before, or does it definitely take a lot longer? Ignore whatever estimate the phone gives you -- time it yourself using a clock.

I assume the battery life (i.e., how long it takes for it to go from 100% down to about 20%) is unchanged, right?
It used to take 2hlurs 40 Min now it takes 3hr 30mins and 3hr 10min varied between here

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, do you mean that the time it takes to discharge from 100% down to 20% is unchanged (i.e., the battery life), but the charging time (from 20% to 100%) takes longer?

It's also worth testing a different fast charger and cable, in case something went wrong with the original one.

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, do you mean that the time it takes to discharge from 100% down to 20% is unchanged (i.e., the battery life), but the charging time (from 20% to 100%) takes longer?

It's also worth testing a different fast charger and cable, in case something went wrong with the original one.

Yes as I said I have tried about 4 chargers multiple cables etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays