Mac OS 10.9 with ATF will not recognize Kindle Fire HD 2013

Mel2Brad

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been searching the web for a month for an answer to this issue with no luck.

My son has a Kindle Fire HD since it came out and it has been a great device. But, when we updated to Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) our Android File Transfer (AFT) app quit working the way it always had. Now, the Mac can't see the Kindle via USB. This was the only way we had to get movies from our DVDs onto the device.

We our daughter a Kindle Fire HD 2013 for Christmas before we realized the issue. If I had known that I would not be able to download her crap ton of Disney movies onto the Kindle, Santa would not have bought it for her.

I've tried updating the AFT app, restarting both the device and the Mac, multiple USB cords and ports. I have ADB enabled.

I know there are a lot of people with other Android tablets having the same problem getting AFT and Mavericks to work and waiting for Google to provide a solution. Some are using Bluetooth instead of USB to transfer files, but that won't work for me because the movie files are too big.

So frustrated. Has anyone heard of a solution?

Fenman

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
From what you say the problem has arisen from an update of your Apple Mac O/S

With due respect why are you posting this on an Android Forum??

Please ask Apple - they made the change that caused the problem!

Why should Google supply a fix for a problem generated by Apple????

Last edited:

LazarX

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have USB transfer working just fine under 10.9.5 on my Hackintosh. if you have the Kies app installed on your Mac, that might be the problem.

GayleneMiller

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
could you explain what the kies app installed on mac is? we have the 10.9.5 on our mac and i have the kindle fire phone. I have had problems with this phone from the get go. I wish i would have stayed with apple products since they can't work together.

LazarX

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
could you explain what the kies app installed on mac is? we have the 10.9.5 on our mac and i have the kindle fire phone. I have had problems with this phone from the get go. I wish i would have stayed with apple products since they can't work together.

It's the app I used to transfer files from my Samsung phone to my hackintosh AFT warned that it might not work if the app was not removed first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank