Manually Apply 2.0.1 Update WORKING

wade_county

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
how do i get all the downloads off sd card? ive tried this like seven times.....keep getting that message. no such file or whatever. helpppppppp.

are you doing it through PC or your phone? I found it suuuuuuper easier on my phone. (if your doing it on your phone just look for the download folder, using astro file manager of course)

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Couldn't get it to work in OSX, so I booted to windows and it worked perfectly. I didn't read every post to see if it was mentioned...but if you are a mac user hopefully this helps.

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I'll wait for it to get pushed to my phone and save myself the headache. Whats 48 more hours. The phone is great as it is so I'm in no big hurry.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the browser seems a little slower on heavy HTML pages? Before it was borderline buttery smooth, now its borderline blackberry browser slow.

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
PC not recognizing phone...

So I'm pumped about the 2.0.1 update.. download zip file, rename it... then plug droid into usb port to drag n drop "update" into sd.... but the droid isn't popping up in My Computer. Tried messing w/ some settings on phone, powering off and back on, taking sd card out and back in... any help???

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There are no major finds IMO. Not a feature update just more stability, slightly snappier and smooth, bug fixes and possibly bettery battery life, yet to be determined.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
There are no major finds IMO. Not a feature update just more stability, slightly snappier and smooth, bug fixes and possibly bettery battery life, yet to be determined.

they also updated a lot of the stock widgets, the design is all new and much nicer

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! Just installed, and I must say the notification pane and app drawer seem quite a bit snappier than before, no more hanging like it used to. I'm curious to see how much this has improved battery life.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes some of the Widgets look different but I dot know that stuff is not something I sit around and salivate over

it is however, more than just a bug fix.

also, the camera being so much faster (on mine at least) makes it worth the extremely minor hassle (if that even) it was to install it.

it took less time to update and reboot my droid that it would take just to boot up my tour or storm

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmm a quick observation...is anyone else noticing that after the update the Facebook app newsfeed is displaying "Facebook User" instead of the persons name?