March Update Update[emoji4]

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn mine off again as well.
53e935fb0ad4ce4928758d02946912f0.jpg

Except mine are off as I verified that multiple times, even turning them back on and off. Rebooted my P6P as well but I still have this STUPID animation for apps and folders on my home screens. It appears all other animations are in fact off, just not this one. See the video (not that anyone will watch it as I posted one about my scheduled send not working and not one person viewed it) ;)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...84/https://vimeo.com/690759315&token=AP_n_CDa

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Google is such crap. So since they stuck us into an endless beta loop, I said screw it and unenrolled from the beta just so I can get this latest stable release and then grab the new patch later this week and be good to go. So I check for update and it says I have a new update that will take me to the latest public stable release and wipe my data. That's fine. So I go through all that. My phone reboots, and it says can't find an OS, press power button to power off. Eventually I get the phone to restart.

I'm still in the goddamn beta. Holy crap Google you are wearing me thin and I've been a Nexus/Pixel person for the last 8+ years but you are tiring me.

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a server side update like many of Google things so even with March update it won't show up immediately. For example, installed 12L (March security update) on 6 Pro and the settings service widget isn't there.

I remember when I had tried the 12L beta, it took some time for the settings services to appear in the widgets. So not everyone will see it immediately, might take some time to show up.View attachment 343282

Okay great. Wasn't sure about that. Don't know how many times I tried restarting to see if that would fix it. Lol.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my vibrate alert is barely noticeable.
The notification vibrate being so strong was one of the things I actually LIKED bc I could actually feel the notification in my pocket if I was walking around. I missed a half dozen texts today bc the vibrate is so soft now.

treecastle

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
So since the March update, hotspot has not worked for me at all. Today Google decided that the problem was my phone so they're replacing it. Hope the new one works!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Is this release supposed to address the Iphone issue within Messages?
There is a whole thread about that with a lot of speculation, if you want to sort thru all of those posts. It's not really an issue, just the difference between Apple Messages and the SMS/MMS standard. The short story as I understand is yes, most people believe that is the case - improvements to Messages including different handling of iMessage reactions. But most are saying that the new functionality also includes a server side rollout in Google servers, so not everyone will see the changes at once.

Last edited:

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a whole thread about that with a lot of speculation. It's not really an issue, just the difference between Apple Messages and the SMS/MMS standard. The short story is yes, most people believe that is the case - improvements to Messages including different handling of iMessage reactions. But most are saying that the new functionality also includes a server side rollout in Google servers, so not everyone will see the changes at once.

I did see the other thread about it last week and was checking in on it. Did seem hit or miss with who was getting it. The only reason I was asking is that I though I read somewhere that this release was supposed to include it. Not a big deal, was just curious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34