Maxx Shutting down

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with their Droid Maxx shutting down.
My wifes shut down 4 times in two weeks. She uses her's working, so I bit the bullet and bought her a Droid Turbo 2.
Today my phone shut down and didn't want to re-boot. My contract runs out in June...
I'm retired so my phone isn't as urgent as my wifes was. Any Suggestions?

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine would shut down when on 3G and losing a signal, like in the subway or a tunnel. Switched to 4G and the shutdowns stopped, It never shut down when on wifi.

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a good 4G signal. I was on wifi at home, and it was on a table by my chair.
I wiped my cache about a month ago. It's shut down one more time.

hornbroo

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem until I removed the Facebook app. All issues have now disappeared! The phone is back to working great! The FB app was always a resource hog, but now I realize it was much worse. I now use Chrome to access FB.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If the problem continues, I'd suggest trying out a replacement launcher. When I first had the Maxx I had occasional spontaneous restarts every few weeks. Once I replaced the stock launcher with another (right now my two favorites are the Google Now launcher and Action Launcher, and Nova launcher is also a good replacement), spontaneous restarts became far more rare.

The only issue is if you use the stock Droid Command Center ("circles") clock/weather widget - that only works with the stock launcher on the Maxx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d