May Update?

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
No update on AT&T as well. Got used to smashing the update button and getting the OTA as soon as it was posted by google. Wonder if they're holding it for certain carriers or they found an issue. I've heard it's a large update even though no features were introduced. A lot of under the hood stuff.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Must have been held. 1st this this happens to me. Google must be either extra careful with this one or the held it. Not normal. Lot of us have pixel phones because we want security updates on day one, not a week or 2 later.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Must have been held. 1st this this happens to me. Google must be either extra careful with this one or the held it. Not normal. Lot of us have pixel phones because we want security updates on day one, not a week or 2 later.

I don't recall it always being on day 1.
I do recall a lot of first Mondays of the month if memory serves me correctly. There have also been differences by carrier.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: It is Friday, May 10th. Still no update.

Try patience.....I know that's not always easy but there isn't much you can do besides that or wait, check for update, or side load. The rest of the stuff people recommend usually works by coincidence. I've heard that killing a chicken sometimes works, but live ones are hard to find depending on where you live and I haven't seen them on Amazon.
🤣🤣🤣

Instructions not clear... I ate a baby 😫

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm on AT&T as well, and have gotten updates from the beginning of the month to near the end on a few occasions, but I always get my monthly update, it installs with no problems, and my phone always works great. I think maybe some folks need a little more patience.... it'll work out just fine, so reign that OCD in and let the update come when it comes.

If you plan on owning pixels long term you need to come to grips with getting your updates when you get them..... which will be every month, but maybe not always on the same exact day :O ;-)

Fuzi

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel 3 on Fi hasn't received this month's update, yet, either. Usually it is very quick. Something is afoot, I think.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah you guy's should of seen it by now , have you tried taking sim out and leave wifi on only , helped back in the day it's a long shot even putting the date couple days ahead see what happens.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah you guy's should of seen it by now , have you tried taking sim out and leave wifi on only , helped back in the day it's a long shot even putting the date couple days ahead see what happens.

This seems like almost no one has gotten it so I doubt any tricks will work. Someone on US Cellular claims to have gotten it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell