[MEGATHREAD] What is app 10xxx?

morpheusoptic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unknown app "10252"

I was recently looking at my data usage in the settings menu and noticed an app I have never seen before. Does anyone know what the one that says "10252" is? I have no app by that specific name and there is no way to go to the app settings by clicking on it from the usage menu.

I looked through all my apps in the app manager and it is not listed in any slide eg. Running, downloaded or All. If anyone knows what this is I would appreciate it.

The only data it uses is background data, which I have subsequently turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1416030233666.jpg
    1416030233666.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7
A

Android Central Question

unknown system app 10065

Hi all,

When looking at my Wifi data usage, I came across an app called '10065'. It has the same icon as 'Removed apps and users' and has used quite a bit of data.

If I 'Disable Wifi' and/or 'Disable Data Usage' and leave the settings page, these settings are reset to allow the data usage again.

I haven't been able to find anything on the webs. Please advise.

I'm on stock OnePlus Nord build 11.1.7.7.AC01BA

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: unknown system app 10065

Welcome to Android Central.

It's interesting that you were unable to find much about 10065. It may your browser or other terms you used with it. I searched, 10065 andro, and it auto completed to, 10065 android app. There I found several threads and other talk about it. The first one mentions it as a wifi error, which could go along with your noticing that it looks like the removed app icon. Anyway, this thread also mentions the OnePlus... you can read it here.

This more recent thread mentions that messages are not received if this 10065 app isn't open. You can read more on that here.

If none of these help feel free to post more about your issue and let us know what you found. If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Best wishes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: unknown system app 10065

Welcome to Android Central! Those numbers are UID (UserID) codes that the system assigns to an app when it's installed. When you uninstall an app, the UID will remain in the system, at least temporarily. What you're seeing is the data that the app you uninstalled was using before you uninstalled it. It's not continuing to use data because it's no longer installed. Nothing to worry about.

Read this for more info: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/8452/how-can-i-find-app-name-by-uid

A

Android Central Question

What is 10244 app on my android

On my LG Stylo 6 there is an app that is named 10244 and I never seen it before but it's there ..
and all the sudden I've noticed the past week or so that my battery has been draining and my fingerprint button gets extremely hot..
so what is this app and why is it on my phone???
can someone please help me

A

Android Central Question

Why my wifi data is using by 10238 ? And what is 10238?

My mobile is of Samsung A20 and it wifi and mobile data is using by 10238 and i even don't know that what is 10238 . So please tell me

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why my wifi data is using by 10238 ? And what is 10238?

Hi and wrlcome to Android Central

We would love to help but need more information.
Can you post a screenshot of the message you are seeing and where you are seeing it?

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Those numbers are UID (UserID) codes that the system assigns to an app when it's installed. When you uninstall an app, the UID will remain in the system, at least temporarily. What you're seeing is the data that the app you uninstalled was using before you uninstalled it. It's not continuing to use data because it's no longer installed. Nothing to worry about.

Read this for more info: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/8452/how-can-i-find-app-name-by-uid

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks....good to know

A

Android Central Question

Can you please help me to find out that one app named" 9510573" using my data ?

Can you please help me to find out that one app named" 9510573" using my data ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you please help me to find out that one app named" 9510573" using my data ?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it isn't "10573"? That would be the UID of an app you already uninstalled, and is not currently using data. What you'd be seeing is the data it used before you uninstalled it. If you wait until the data cycle for the phone resets for the month, you'll see that this listing disappears.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you please help me to find out that one app named" 9510573" using my data ?

Interesting. I still suspect these are uninstalled apps, and the numbers are the UID of the apps. UIDs usually start with "10xxx", but perhaps your phone specifically adds 95 in front of it.

In any case, wait a few weeks to a month for the data cycle to reset, and see if those listings go away.

vdelgiglio

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
Re: 10242 is draining my battery and 10237 is using my data!

Welcome to Android Central! App names in the 10xxx format represent apps you recently uninstalled. What you're seeing is the data used by the apps you recently uninstalled. They should disappear after another battery charge cycle or two.

Hi! Im new guy hwre, jus wanted yo say . ..how do u and iddy know this!?

I totally believe and am like totally wowed impressed excited and intrigued, its actually something i didnt even know could happem...how the OS can create that kinda....app?...if it is an app lol . . Gotta go 🔋 5% . . Ill check back soon ty!!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I totally believe and am like totally wowed impressed excited and intrigued, its actually something i didnt even know could happem...how the OS can create that kinda....app?...if it is an app lol . . Gotta go 5% . . Ill check back soon ty!!
Welcome to AC!

The triangle in the thread for if you need help or reporting a issue and not for quoting a member.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I totally believe and am like totally wowed impressed excited and intrigued, its actually something i didnt even know could happem...how the OS can create that kinda....app?...if it is an app lol . . Gotta go ������ 5% . . Ill check back soon ty!!

Welcome to Android Central! It just comes from having used Android devices for a long time and looking things up (and also stealing from other members who know more than I do;)).