Question merging contacts in 2 Android apps

genesis211

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
On my Galaxy S22, I have the Green phone app which has (keypad, recent, and contacts) in it. I also have the Orange Contacts app, which is just contacts. I don't need both but do need the keypad for calling and recent calls of the green phone app. Although 90% of the contacts are the same, I like to merge them all so I only have the green Phone app with the contacts there and all new contacts go to that app. Sometimes I have to look in both apps to find a contact.

Is this possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You need both apps on the phone -- it's always been that way. The Phone app doesn't store contacts -- it accesses the contacts stored in your Contacts app. The Phone app's contacts list also has fewer features than the Contacts app (in terms of sorting, etc.).

The main difference in terms of finding a contact is that the Contacts app will only contain contacts that you've saved in any of your accounts. The Phone app can remember numbers you've called or who have called you, but who you haven't saved to your own Contacts. You can also use the search function in the Phone app to search the web for a number (typically for a business).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia