Messenger will not install on my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was given my S4 at xmas time, by a family member ( their old phone ). Ever since, i have been trying to install messenger on it. I have had no trouble with any other app, including messenger lite. I know for a fact that messenger was previously on this phone, so am uncertain as to why I can't put it on there now. The app will fully download, no issues there, however, when it comes to installing, it appears to be fine, then I get a message saying something went wrong. I've tried pretty much everything and nothing has worked. Please! Please! Please! It is driving me bonkers!! I need help!!!!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
As Android evolves and changes it gains new features and capabilities. Every new version has a new API level.

When developing apps the developer needs to choose the minimum supported API(oldest version of Android) in which the app will run and this impacts which features they can take advantage of within the app. As Facebook messenger has evolved and added new features it has lost the ability to run on older hardware. Posts about it have grown common and you've got to realize the S4 is from 2013, it's about 7 years old now. I know the Note 3 which is newer has lost support for messenger.

This is the reason messenger lite exists. It's a stripped down version with fewer features that will still run on older hardware and low end hardware often found outside the US market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit