Metal phone cases?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
So awhile back someone I worked with had this metal phone case on his phone. It was screwed together and pretty thin yet felt very sturdy. I was wondering is there a case like that for the Note 10+. I have been looking for cases but none interest me, they are either these super thick overpriced cases or cases that are bedazzled or have rain fall sparkles in them.

Ultimately I would just like to carry the phone as is but clumsiness and my luck, that will never work. I know I'm a bit picky for things like this but there has to be a case I actually like. I know with a possible metal case I can get it anodized or cerakoted or something to get a colour I like but the current choices I have found are terrible.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So awhile back someone I worked with had this metal phone case on his phone. It was screwed together and pretty thin yet felt very sturdy. I was wondering is there a case like that for the Note 10+. I have been looking for cases but none interest me, they are either these super thick overpriced cases or cases that are bedazzled or have rain fall sparkles in them.

Ultimately I would just like to carry the phone as is but clumsiness and my luck, that will never work. I know I'm a bit picky for things like this but there has to be a case I actually like. I know with a possible metal case I can get it anodized or cerakoted or something to get a colour I like but the current choices I have found are terrible.
Check out Pitaka

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You have to be careful with metal cases -- they need to be designed so that the metal doesn't block the phone's reception. Be wary of cheap metal cases from China, since the manufacturers probably didn't consider that.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You have to be careful with metal cases -- they need to be designed so that the metal doesn't block the phone's reception. Be wary of cheap metal cases from China, since the manufacturers probably didn't consider that.

I agree.

The good designs have plastic inserts in them etc where the antennas are.

Even then some signal loss could occur I'd imagine.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
B.Diddy, I'm not into bling, I didn't ask for diamond encrusted titanium cases. I asked for metal cases, I thought it looked pretty good and seemed like an obvious choice for protecting a phone. Eff bling and those that live for it, I rather have food in my belly and a roof over my head than the most outrageous overpriced crap.

I never thought about a case blocking the phone's signal. Not that I'm getting the best signal/reception anyway. Thanks for that bit of info all. I am now looking at other cases.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Gorilla Cases

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B.Diddy, I'm not into bling, I didn't ask for diamond encrusted titanium cases. I asked for metal cases, I thought it looked pretty good and seemed like an obvious choice for protecting a phone. Eff bling and those that live for it, I rather have food in my belly and a roof over my head than the most outrageous overpriced crap.

LOL, I agree about bling.:p I didn't mean that you were looking for a blingy case -- just that the whole metal interference thing also causes problems for those blingy cases (you had mentioned bedazzled cases, not that you were ever interested in getting one).

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
LOL, I agree about bling.:p I didn't mean that you were looking for a blingy case -- just that the whole metal interference thing also causes problems for those blingy cases (you had mentioned bedazzled cases, not that you were ever interested in getting one).

Ok, sorry then. lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Metal wouldn't interfere with wireless charging if it's around the edge of the phone, like with that case. But if there's metal covering the back of the phone, that would interfere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord