Micro SD card is locked? Help!

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My Sandisk 64g micro-sd has a couple of corrupt files (torrent movies that didn't download correctly) and I've been trying to delete them but have had no luck.

When I put the card in my PC it says that the card is locked and read only. Switching the lock on the adaptor does not work. (I just bought a new adaptor & it doesn't work either).

At this point I can't even reformat the card because neither my GN3 nor my PC will allow me to do anything but add more data to the card.

How do I erase these files?

If I can't erase then how do I get the micro sd to reformat?

Please help!

All advice appreciated.
-Limu

Posted via Android Central App

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's a little more weirdness I forgot to mention.

My phone will allow me to delete corrupt and normal files, but only until the phone is rebooted - then the deleted files return....

I can't figure it out...

Help pleeeeeeaaassssseee!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Try to do a diskscan first to see if it fix the file corruption issue.

You need to format the microSD as FAT32 for the phone to recognize it, so you can't use Windows to do it, since it will auto format 64gb as exFAT.

You can use RMPrepUSB to format: Latest RMPrepUSB versions + downloads - RMPrepUSB
The interface looks daunting, but just select the MicroSD, select FAT32, and press the Prepare Drive button. Just be careful which drive you selected in the list to format.

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I've run diskscan and it said everything was okay. Go figure.

The card was formatted by my phone when I first bought it.

The problem is my PC and my phone refuse to reformat the card or allow me to delete (permanently) files.

Thanks for the input.
- Limu

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just tried the RMPrep program. It didn't work either but did give an information page that appeared for about 1.5 seconds. It was way to fast read.

Thanks again!

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
i had this problem in the past and i was able to fix it so dont give up hope on it too bad i cant remember what i did

Last edited:

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
hey i just had the write protected thing happen to me on a usb drive i used this program its a free trial but it worked for me open the program click continue for free click on microsd card click continue then click LOW Level Format
dont check the box for quick formatting just click format it will say failed while its formatting but ignore it after formatting check the quick formatting box and format again just to be sure hopefully this helps it worked for me

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HDD-Low-Level-Format-Tool.shtml

Last edited:

risus

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
After setting the disk write flags and adding the WriteProtect registry entries with no luck, this worked for me. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute