Midnight Black?

droidguy918

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Any word on whether the note 9 will be available in black in the US? I find it unbelievable that you can't get it here. Even if i buy it another way and have it shipped here, it will not have a warranty, and given that i just sent my wife's note 8 in for warranty repair, that's not an option. I need a new phone, but for $1000, I'm not going to settle for less than what i want

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
I've only owned black phones for last 10-15 years with the exception of a white note 4. I to almost didn't buy the note 9. Wanted to wait for the us black version. But I broke down and bought the ocean blue and decided I really like it. Although my black case covers it up and you wouldn't know it was blue beside a very little showing through where the camera is.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Any word on whether the note 9 will be available in black in the US? I find it unbelievable that you can't get it here. Even if i buy it another way and have it shipped here, it will not have a warranty, and given that i just sent my wife's note 8 in for warranty repair, that's not an option. I need a new phone, but for $1000, I'm not going to settle for less than what i want

I have communicated with Samsung via live chat on their website three times, asking directly if they intend to release a black note 9 to the US (I need a CDMA compatible phone as a Verizon customer). The first two times their rep said without equivocation they were going to do so but had no date. The last time I asked the rep said there were no such plans......

I can't believe Sammie decided to not release a black note in the US, and for that matter in each and every market.

I love Samsung products, but the marketing games they play are not cool, especially when buying a $1000.00+ phone

I am hoping they release a black note at Thanksgiving.........

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I too was hoping for black. Picked up the blue one and am digging it. Bough a clear case for the first time ever to show it off.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I also was disappointed in not being able to get the black version but I ended up loving the blue yellow combo. I'm not a huge blue fan but this particular blue is bad @##

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's funny how so many of us were disappointed in not having black, now we all seem to love our blues. I wasn't happy when I found out no black. I always use a case, but I was going to get a black dbrand skin for the areas not covered by a case. Now, I'm really enjoying the blue. I have a UAG Plasma case in ash. It's perfect for me. I'm loving the shade of blue through the case in certain light, but also looks black in darker light.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The two new colors are coming next month. Cloud silver and midnight black will be on sale at BestBuy and at Sasmung.com and through the carriers.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got over the color thing pretty quick. Black would have been very nice. However, it's a leased phone. If I was buying a car, it would be a a different story.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The two new colors are coming next month. Cloud silver and midnight black will be on sale at BestBuy and at Sasmung.com and through the carriers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read that the silver will only be available at bestbuy and samsung.com while black will be available with all major carriers along with Samsung.com and bestbuy. I might have misread tho.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to exchange my blue for the black. What am I going to do?
If it's still in mint condition, then depending on when and where you got it, you might be able to exchange it and pay a restocking fee. If not, you could sell it on eBay or Swappa and buy a new one. Or you could put a case on it and conceal the color. Or ignore it.

I don't use a case, but even so I don't see the back of my phone when I use it. It was different a few years ago when a phone's color also appeared on the large bezels on the front.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read that the silver will only be available at bestbuy and samsung.com while black will be available with all major carriers along with Samsung.com and bestbuy. I might have misread tho.

That's probably correct. The article was kind of confusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD