Minimalist cases with kickstand for 10+

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The ESR metal kickstand case is great, WITH one exception - barely any lip protection for the screen.

I've been using this case for a week and while the back and sides protection is great along with the metal stand being the best I've ever used the big con is with less than 0.9mm lip protection at the top and bottom (I'm pretty sure it's less than that once you have the phone in the case, probably half of the lip you get with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid S case which has a pretty small lip) when you add a thin tempered glass screen protector makes the front ends up being pretty flush.

This will cause a phone drop to the face of the phone pretty much take the impact of the drop direct to the tempered glass, and if it's not good quality tempered glass be prepared to have to replace it and worse case the impact crack both the tempered glass and the screen itself.

I know this from experience lol, had a four foot face down drop on to concrete yesterday, the Rock Film tempered glass I have on my screen got cracked but actually no shatter I'm impressed can't hardly see the small cracks in the tempered glass and the Note 10+ screen is flawless! Now if I would not have had tempered glass on I know I'd probably be crying right now cause the lip protection is barely any protection at all with this case.

Last edited:

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Also few of the reviews on Amazon mentioned that the kick stand is bulky and one has wrap around it to hold the phone which is not comfortable.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The thought occurred to me regarding powersharing. Why doesn't a manufacturer simply cut out a circular hole about 1-1/2" in diameter in the center of the back of the case? This would mean a thick case such as from Otterbox should be able to do powersharing easily on the back of the phone to my Samsung smartwatch or other devices (without taking off the case). The Note 10+ phone is so big that a 1-1/2 inch diameter hole cutout should not affect safety performance if the phone got dropped.

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Am looking for a slim case with kickstand. The options we have as of now are
1) Samsung rugged case
2) Spigen ultra hybrid
3) ESR metal kickstand

Reviews regarding 2 and 3 kickstand are pretty bad and 1 is little bulky. Do we have better options?

I have a Poetic case (not sure the model or if there's multiple) on my 10+ which is minimalist to me after having whatever the gnarliest Otterbox model is that was on my Note 4. It was kinda an impulse buy (I spent 10 min or so on Amazon) but the phone was coming that day & needed something.

I couldn't be happier. Precision fit, seems to be great protection, inexpensive, and I love the kickstand. Seems flimsy but so far so good (6 weeks of heavy use). I found it easier to get it to the tabs where it locks and just give it a hard tap with the end of my middle finger to push it over the lock tabs rather than doing what(ever) the instructions said and same for collapsing it plus I often use the kickstand even when holding it and put my finger through it for a more secure feeling. I also use a level (horizontal, vertical, flat) app which the Otterbox rendered useless but is pretty spot on with this case installed.

Honestly, if the kickstand ever breaks, I'd probably buy another one of these.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582