Missing " Mobile Data" shortcut notification

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I recently updated my two Co workers to 4.3 via OTA, but it seems they're missing the shortcut in the top drop notification for "Mobile Data". How do I go and get it back? I haven't found a solution for this and now I'm stuck. Thanks for the assistance
:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a direct answer for you, but you could install Power Toggles, which can put a customizable toggle bar in the swipe down Notifications. You could put the mobile data toggle there.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a direct answer for you, but you could install Power Toggles, which can put a customizable toggle bar in the swipe down Notifications. You could put the mobile data toggle there.

I actually thought about that, but these old men are not tech savvy if I make custom changes. They're use to simple out of box experiences. I'm lost how T-Mobile wouldn't included that toggle switch in their update (unless its an OTA bug?), but other carriers did. My Sprint S3 has all functions present.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably an underhanded way of promoting data usage, and therefore spending money on data plans. My Razr Maxx never had an easy and quick stock way of toggling mobile data either.

Posted via Android Central App

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's probably an underhanded way of promoting data usage, and therefore spending money on data plans. My Razr Maxx never had an easy and quick stock way of toggling mobile data either.

If that's true...That's sneaky. Considering 4.1.2, all toggle switches are present but upgrade to 4.3 and they take away "Mobile Data" switch. Rat bastards...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Considering 4.1.2, all toggle switches are present but upgrade to 4.3 and they take away "Mobile Data" switch. Rat bastards...
Verizon took the opposite approach - there's never been a Wi-Fi toggle available (it's hidden in Settings -> Wi-Fi), so they make it cumbersome to turn Wi-Fi off and on - guess they want you using up your valuable data allotment.
What was that about rats?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

hoggydog

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Power Toggles does NOT have a Mobile Data switch when installed 12/12/2013 on my AT&T S4 running Android 4.3. So I uninstalled Power Toggles.

It seems that now the only way to turn off Mobile Data on this phone is Settings > Connections > Data Usage and uncheck mobile Data.:eek:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Power Toggles does NOT have a Mobile Data switch
Are you using the Home screen widgets or the Notification widgets?

The GPRS (Mobile Data) widget doesn't show up for you to pick from, or even though you pick it, it still doesn't show up?
5e2e3e3e.jpg
Have you tried contacting the developer (powercontrols@googlegroups.com)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
GPRS should show up on either the homescreen widget or the notification widget.